What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the FM radio thread I was reminded of hearing "Song To John - Part 2" on "The One for Jazz 88.1 KNTU" here in DFW. Must have been 1976 or so, on the way to work one morning. That day after work bought my first Stanley Clarke album. Now I have that in my head today!

He and that girl were doing their versions of "The Funky Chicken" dance. It was challenging to keep up with all the different dances back then. The Jerk, The Watusi, The Swim, The Pony, etc., etc., etc.

Here's the Watusi:

Doug

And now Doug, just what you have been waiting for. You can indulge your ear worm in its stereo debut as this has just been reissued by Eric Records (track 15):

https://www.ericrecords.com/htf_StereoExpl-4.html

On the Audio Karma site they have a thread called "Show a video of your System" and one guy used this Stevie Ray Vaughn song, " Tin Pan Alley" and lots of other people followed as it's a fantastic quality recording. The guys system has a pair of ADS2030 big-ass speakers in it. At least put on a great set of headphones to listen to this.

Shoot, 4 more and I'll have 100 posts!

Good ol' Arthur Lee (RIP) and Love -" You Set The Scene ". Sure wish I could have been there.

First saw a version of this live on the old "Ovation" cable channel show "Later with Jools Holland" about 20 (!) years ago. Still have the VHS tape I made somewhere.

Last edited:
Back