What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up with 2 older sisters. they had a record player. and they owned this record. ( I kid you not ). Hence the one ( of many ) reasons that I am just a tad bit loopy. BTW - the girls had some great albums mixed in with some real stinkers. And I had my AM transistor radio. Could pull in WLS Chicago clear as a bell at night. .............."just give me that countryside........."

eddiealbert.jpg

I'm not sure why but my brain bone seems tuned into VHF & old TV theme songs. The Munsters, Addams Family, Dukes of Hazzard. And the outlier is The Drew Carey Show (Cleveland Rocks!). But the song that has taken up permanent residence is the theme song to Hogan's Heroes. It's with me when driving, in the bathroom, typing this post. I watched it as a kid but I thought most of the humor was stupid & something didn't seem right to me about having so many laughs in a Nazi POW camp. But this isn't about something politically correct, it's about the music, damn it! Since misery loves company here ya go:

No, it's not the greatest TV theme song ever made (that would be from The Avengers, also from about that time period). But it's what's stuck in my head right now until replaced by something stickier.

We had them over on this side of the pond as well (not Drew Carey Show I believe) in grainy 405line VHF, loved Hogan's Heroes. Now you've got me thinking about Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in..... and Goldie Hawn!

Being out in public is over rated. HH might be replaced by GA as it now seems to be shoosting thru my head.

It wasn't until several years ago that I stumbled across a most excellent movie that surely was the inspiration for Green Acres. The Egg and I:

The movie that introduced Ma & Pa Kettle to the world. And, dare I say, quite a catchy theme song.

I'm sorry Sonik but these days eggs are just too damn expensive. With the prices they're charging these days they should come with a Dolby Atmos Blu Ray! I do not like Green Acres and Ham Sam Am I!

I replied to another thread that I did not like the sonics of the 5.1 of Go Your Own Way. And of course, the song immediately invaded my ear and is making me repent. For this I do not understand because I did not badmouth the song but rather the particular 5.1 recording.

Their music can so mesmerizing. :love:

Rhiannon​

here is my fav. been so for many many years. Occasionally Ill sing it to my wife.

Well it took a while for the inevitable question to bubble to the surface so here it is: does your wife ever sing the Eva Gabor part? If not she should! Put it on YouTube. I see this as the start of something big. An Americanized Toyah and Roberts Sunday Lunch. Go for it!!

The Banana Splits Opening and Closing Theme 1968 - 1970​

Used to love this show as a kid. I’ve now got some classical music on so I don’t have the theme song stuck in my head all day.

Watching the video I see it was directed by Richard Donner. Sure enough... the same guy that directed Superman. Didn’t know that before now.

Well it took a while for the inevitable question to bubble to the surface so here it is: does your wife ever sing the Eva Gabor part? If not she should! Put it on YouTube. I see this as the start of something big. An Americanized Toyah and Roberts Sunday Lunch. Go for it!!
I don’t think that his wife is up for dressing like Toyah on YouTube. 🤣

This theme has been stuck in my head for weeks now. So much so that I am rewatching the series on Amazon's FreeVee and have changed my ringtone on my mobile to this theme. That's probably a big mistake. :cautious:

I almost posted UFO yesterday. LOL! I‘m glad you did. 😉 And now I’m considering Stingray or Thunderbirds, but I see there is a HD dts surround Bluray version of Space 1999.

Yes the Odd Couple theme is catchy & well known. But The Banana Splits is brand new to me. And now I fell compelled to check it out further...
Yeah, not sure why I posted the Odd Couple. Just came across it and felt a little nostalgic😉
Sid & Marty Krofft had a good run there. After The Banana Splits, they went onto success with Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost, and this little gem starring Jack Wild (better know as the Artful Dodger in the musical “Oliver“).

H.R. Pufnstuf 1969 Opening and Closing Theme​

Last edited:
Back