What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear!
Found an awesome 80s station , 104.5 (X)WMZ and it keeps throwing me some really serious earworms.. this one came out of NOWHERE and I had not heard this since the 80s, probably... I'm like..."this is NOT Pat Benatar, but the style is similar.." .. I know.. HEATHEN!!!!!
Have had this in my head for several days now...
YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMARILLY WARNED!!!

This theme has been stuck in my head for weeks now. So much so that I am rewatching the series on Amazon's FreeVee and have changed my ringtone on my mobile to this theme. That's probably a big mistake. :cautious:

I almost posted UFO yesterday. LOL! I‘m glad you did. 😉 And now I’m considering Stingray or Thunderbirds, but I see there is a HD dts surround Bluray version of Space 1999.

The hilarious thing is that I see after an initial glimpse of a picture when I open the thread
1675373126658.png

... yet :unsure: these are UK programmes and I'm in the UK!

... and now from that glimpse I've got UFO, Stingray and Thunderbird themes on rotation in my head! :ROFLMAO:

Both of my dogs (Jackson, a mini-doxie and Ellie Mae, a Beagle/German Shepard mix) howl at police sirens. Just now I found out that they do that to the theme from Dark Shadows too!! 😂
Hey! There might be some subliminal messages in that soundtrack. Let’s try playing it backwards. 🐺👻 LOL!!

It’s a shame that the remake Tim Burton made with Johnny Depp was a let down with everything going up in a blaze of lunacy🤪. Anyway, the beginning had some good atmospheric scenes including one with “Nights in White Satin” by the Moody Blues.

Oh dear!
Found an awesome 80s station , 104.5 (X)WMZ and it keeps throwing me some really serious earworms.. this one came out of NOWHERE and I had not heard this since the 80s, probably... I'm like..."this is NOT Pat Benatar, but the style is similar.." .. I know.. HEATHEN!!!!!
Have had this in my head for several days now...
YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMARILLY WARNED!!!

Holy balls! Another one I haven't heard forever. To me, more along the lines of Blondie than Pat. Love it......

Bonnie Raitt won the Grammy for Songwriter/Song of the Year last night.

also from Just Like That album:

Made Up Mind - Bonnie Raitt

I don’t know what it was – maybe just wanting to see what Bonnie was up to – but on a whim last year I listened to Made Up Mind and immediately fell in love with it. What a wonderful song.

I hadn’t heard the original (although I now own the Bros. Landreth version) and probably because I heard it first, I prefer Bonnie’s version. It’s always such a great thing to be unexpectedly hit between the eyes with a song from an artist you don’t normally follow.

To me, it’s just all class the way she does that song.

I try to avoid telling anyone they “must” or “should” listen to some artist or song. What strikes one person as amazing could be dull as dishwater to another.

However, I do try to spread the word about Frost* when I think about it. I stumbled across this song on some college radio station while traveling years ago. While a different type of song, it had the same effect on me as when I heard Hocus Pocus by Focus... something so unusual, it grabs your attention.

I did manage to give up a large chunk of money on Discogs for a physical version of this song that had a 5.1 mix, but basically their whole catalog would be perfect for Atmos. Wish I had thought to mention them when I filled out the recent IAA survey.

Anyway, this is something I can only play loud because it’s so wacky in parts. Seems to come across better when it’s cranked. Hadn’t heard it for a while, but it popped into my head this morning and I thought I’d share it.

I try to avoid telling anyone they “must” or “should” listen to some artist or song. What strikes one person as amazing could be dull as dishwater to another.

However, I do try to spread the word about Frost* when I think about it. I stumbled across this song on some college radio station while traveling years ago. While a different type of song, it had the same effect on me as when I heard Hocus Pocus by Focus... something so unusual, it grabs your attention.

I did manage to give up a large chunk of money on Discogs for a physical version of this song that had a 5.1 mix, but basically their whole catalog would be perfect for Atmos. Wish I had thought to mention them when I filled out the recent IAA survey.

Anyway, this is something I can only play loud because it’s so wacky in parts. Seems to come across better when it’s cranked. Hadn’t heard it for a while, but it popped into my head this morning and I thought I’d share it.

I was out of the country on a business trip, so I missed Frost* play Bath's Komedia in November, my two brothers went, my youngest brother (well at he is only 56 :LOL:) using my ticket (he hadn't heard them before), he is now a big fan, and after the gig bought the latest album.

I was out of the country on a business trip, so I missed Frost* play Bath's Komedia in November, my two brothers went, my youngest brother (well at he is only 56 :LOL:) using my ticket (he hadn't heard them before), he is now a big fan, and after the gig bought the latest album.
I’m envious of your two brothers. Frost* is unlikely to ever tour here in the U.S. again beyond a Cruise To The Edge type of thing.

One of the shows from the recent tour (and I would have sworn Bath but could be wrong) was recorded for an upcoming live DVD. And they’ve got a second DVD in the words from about 4 or 5 years ago. My son has already told me he wants to come over for a watching party once I get a hold of them.

Back