Where to find a sample music file in ATMOS format?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck

QQ Supporter
I can listen to Atmos music on Apple Music and I found some test movies using ATMOS that I could download but I'm looking for an ATMOS music test file, that I can just drag and drop in Apple Music or VLC or any other player.

Thanks

I don't think there is any format other than their streams (or protected downloads of the streams) that Music or the Computers app on the AppleTV support. If there is, I would love to know about it.

So, what is on Apple Music is what you get.

I don't think there is any format other than their streams (or protected downloads of the streams) that Music or the Computers app on the AppleTV support. If there is, I would love to know about it.

So, what is on Apple Music is what you get.
I went into the iTunes library and recomposed a file. Finder detects it as 6 channels, ffmpeg is having issues to figure out what it is. No app is able to play it, not even Apple Music. So not fully sure I put it back together and may be Apple Music can only deal with streamed files.

My feeling is that these Atmos files are basically 5.1 files in the Atmos format so they can be rendered across many types of listening devices.

If you're looking for a test file to see what works, then you can check this.
https://mattdarey.sellfy.store/p/msvikd
You get 3 different file formats:
mp4 (Dolby Digital+/Atmos)
m2ts (Dolby TrueHD / Atmos )
mkv ( also Dolby TrueHD / Atmos)

Edit1: The above files have exactly the same format as the video test files, except they might have the audio track only.

Edit2: You're having trouble reading/playing those files stored in the local folders because Apple obviously want to protect the files. If it were that simple, then you'd be able to share the file (which is not exactly legal) and anyone would be able to play it.

Last edited:
Back