Which albums would you like to hear in 5.1 surround?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Next.
Gerry Rafferty - North & South.
Alice Cooper - School's Out.
Love & Money - Strange Kind of Love.
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica.

Last edited:
I went over all 16 pages of this thread - some really solid wish lists for 5.1 but I'm gonna volunteer some weird ones;

KT Tunstall's catalog. I am a MASSIVE fan and I just think Eye to the Telescope or Tiger Suit would be great in 5.1, not sure who should mix em but. Telescope is the one that has a snowball's chance on a summer's day of happening, but if I had my pick it'd be WAX - gritty sounding but thickly layered and begging for surround.

My other one is Talk, the ultraclassic long forgotten 1994 album by Yes. Aside that it is excellent and Endless Dream screams to be 5.1, it's one of the first fully digital albums, it was made with like four Macintosh PCs ganged together and stored on a bunch of 12GB hard drives. Its production and mastering are beautiful and clean, fuuuuull of dynamic range. It's ideal for it, so just do it. Steven Wilson, will you put Talk into that theoretical second batch of Yes blurays?

I went over all 16 pages of this thread - some really solid wish lists for 5.1 but I'm gonna volunteer some weird ones;

KT Tunstall's catalog. I am a MASSIVE fan and I just think Eye to the Telescope or Tiger Suit would be great in 5.1, not sure who should mix em but. Telescope is the one that has a snowball's chance on a summer's day of happening, but if I had my pick it'd be WAX - gritty sounding but thickly layered and begging for surround.

My other one is Talk, the ultraclassic long forgotten 1994 album by Yes. Aside that it is excellent and Endless Dream screams to be 5.1, it's one of the first fully digital albums, it was made with like four Macintosh PCs ganged together and stored on a bunch of 12GB hard drives. Its production and mastering are beautiful and clean, fuuuuull of dynamic range. It's ideal for it, so just do it. Steven Wilson, will you put Talk into that theoretical second batch of Yes blurays?

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/8390

Van Morrison's It's Too Late To Stop Now.

Not just the original release, but also the subsequent volumes. He's not just at his peak as a live performer but the added ensemble of brass and strings to his band open it up for a surround mix.
Volume 1.jpg
Volumes 2,3, 4.jpg

Justin Timberlake's Justified. Not enough "modern" pop music in 5.1. Album seems to have good potential to work well in surround.
Maybe one day I'll get the rights...

"Space Opera" by Space Opera: (original 1973 vinyl release: Epic KE 32117 / 2004 cd reissue: Collectors Choice Music). Recorded Summer '72 at Manta Sound, Toronto. With 16 tracks of vocals and many layers of 6-string & 12-string electric guitars, this would be would be an amazing immersive 5.1 experience.

Back