Which are my options?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

roblov

Hi,

this is my first post here. I'm a newbie when it comes to quad sound.

I have the three Pink Floyd albums in quad format (Atom Heart Mother, The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here.) Based on what i've read in the web, the stereo files i have contain matrixed 4-channel sound. What i'd like to do is to convert these files to the original quad sound and play them through a standalone DVD player with a 5.1 surround system.

Which are my options to achieve this?

Thanks,

roblov.

Hi,

this is my first post here. I'm a newbie when it comes to quad sound.

I have the three Pink Floyd albums in quad format (Atom Heart Mother, The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here.) Based on what i've read in the web, the stereo files i have contain matrixed 4-channel sound. What i'd like to do is to convert these files to the original quad sound and play them through a standalone DVD player with a 5.1 surround system.

Which are my options to achieve this?

Thanks,

roblov.
Welcome, roblov.

Remember to avoid the D word here. (n)

They are likely to be dts-encoded CDs. You can burn them to CD-R and play with a player with a dts decoder or go digital from a regular Cd player to a pre or receiver with dts decoders.

You can also play them from your computer. There are several media players that can play dts recordings.

Enjoy!

If they are "Matrix Encoded" (i.e. stereo copies of the SQ encoded LPs) you will need an SQ decoder. There is a script that you can use if you have the program Adobe Audition to decode these files, but then you would have to encode them back to DTS or DVD-Audio to play them on your 5.1 system.

If you are interested in this procedure, look at the threads in the "Surround Sound Tech Talk" section of QQ. Also, we do not condone the downloading/obtaining of copyrighted material here. You would be wise to obtain the proper sources on eBay, especially since those titles can be had on SQ LP rather cheaply lately.

;)

Thanks for your kind reply. I'll investigate some more on the subject and see what i can come up with.

Sorry if i broke a site's rule. For me, it's the only available choice for me right now since buying these items on ebay and bringing them home is something i can't afford now. I know you may say that, in that case, i shouldn't have downloaded it. I can't argue with that argument. I'm all for getting officially released material but these items are not available in my country. That's all.

By the way, i want to congratulate you on the site. It looks like there's a lot to learn here.

Thanks,

roblov.

... it's the only available choice for me right now since buying these items on ebay and bringing them home is something i can't afford now. roblov.

I don't mean to bust your chops, but we aren't talking about food or medicine here, it is music. While it might SEEM like a necessity for some of us here, the "I can't afford" excuse doesn't sit well with me. Sorry, just my two cents. If we were talking about insulin for your kid, well that is a different matter.

I don't mean to bust your chops, but we aren't talking about food or medicine here, it is music. While it might SEEM like a necessity for some of us here, the "I can't afford" excuse doesn't sit well with me. Sorry, just my two cents. If we were talking about insulin for your kid, well that is a different matter.

That's why i said i did wrong by d/l them. It's not vital to me to get it. I saw it there and got it. That's all. Sorry for all the trouble.

roblov.

Back