Which Q8s Have Been The Hardest For You To Find?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know a tape I have not seen in ages??!?! The Archies - Sugar, Sugar.
I did see an early quad8 version..... maybe two months ago, but I only collect the later releases. So I never bid.

So you can't have a fresher memory of what you've lookin' for... (agree that is extra rare)

arch_q8.jpg

I had to smile when I saw the last few posts about "Sugar Sugar." My wife's cousin loved this song back in the day. Some of the musicians on the fictional Archies' recordings were Ellie Greenwich( a legend in pop songwriting, standing shoulder with Carole King and Lieber and Stoller), Maeretha Stewart(singer on 100's of pop and soul records and also provider of vocal improvisation on Dylan's "If Dogs Run Free"), legendary session guitarist Hugh McCracken and equally celebrated session bassist Chuck Rainey.

Well... for USA citizen the Archies were linked with the cartoon show, for the rest of the worldwhere the Archies cartoon were not shown it was just the catchiest single of the year. Not too bad for a fictional group, and Sugar Sugar is still going strong today...

The ones I am trying to identify if they were released are

THE MOMS & DADS -Ranger Waltz, GNP Crescendo 7038-2061C (Q8)
Discogs shows nothing

OHIO PLAYERS -
Contradiction. Mercury MQ8-1-1088 (Q8)
Skin Tight. Mercury MQ8-1-705 (Q8)
Discogs shows nothing and I have nothing

THE ISLEY BROTHERS -
The Heat is On. T-Neck PZQ-33536 (SQ), ZAQ-33536 (DQ8)
Discogs shows 6 people have the LP and 1 has the Q8 but no pictures provided , tried contacting some of them but no repsonse

The ones I am trying to identify if they were released are

THE MOMS & DADS -Ranger Waltz, GNP Crescendo 7038-2061C (Q8)
Discogs shows nothing

OHIO PLAYERS -
Contradiction. Mercury MQ8-1-1088 (Q8)
Skin Tight. Mercury MQ8-1-705 (Q8)
Discogs shows nothing and I have nothing

THE ISLEY BROTHERS -
The Heat is On. T-Neck PZQ-33536 (SQ), ZAQ-33536 (DQ8)
Discogs shows 6 people have the LP and 1 has the Q8 but no pictures provided , tried contacting some of them but no repsonse

I've never seen either of the Ohio Players Q8's and I show them as Unreleased on my spreadsheet. Ecstasy does exist and I had it for a short period of time but like the other Westbound Q8 "Funkadelic / Cosmic Slop" I'm pretty sure they were faked.

Back