• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

who are you?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Love the Hornet!
I did, too!! All original, One-owner, 45,000-mile '74 Hornet hatch. 258/Auto. Power Steering and Power DRUM brakes. Bench seat, column shift. It really seemed like I was meant to own this car. Not only did I bring it back from it's neglected near death, every single part it needed, I already had in my stash. I had a spare grille, I had an NOS set of tail lights, NOS set of mirrors, an AM/FM single speaker radio, pedal trim.... even the Magnum 500 wheels. I added a blue Sport steering wheel and an NOS "Fuel Economy" gauge to the dash cluster. Such a sweet little ride. Owner her for almost 7 years, barely put 1,000 miles on her. Sold her off to fund a down payment on my '16 Mustang GT and now she lives a very pampered life in the Netherlands.

Here's a pic just before I sold her. Just the sweetest little car a fella could ever own.
Suzie_Blue.jpg

The paint is called "Maxi Blue". This was just after a fresh cut-polish and wax. Nothing shines quite as pretty as original paint.

esimms86

600 Club - QQ All-Star
The first photo is me as a toddler, probably wondering why my parents didn't put my chair in the sweet spot. The second one is my high school graduation photo. If you're a fan of American football you may recognize the guy in the last photo. FWIW, I wear extra large size gloves. Compare my hand size to his!

Attachments

Last edited:

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
The first photo is me as a toddler, probably wondering why my parents didn't put my chair in the sweet spot. The second one is my high school graduation photo. If you're a fan American football you may recognize the guy in the last photo. FWIW, I wear extra large size gloves. Compare my hand size to his!
So how did you manage to get a Gronk look alike to pose for that photo? ;) Nice pics!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Okay, I'll play. Here is a picture a colleague took of me a couple years ago when I was a high school Engl-ish teacher

1584198531298.png

It was on a Friday. Students and staff are encouraged to wear our school colors--orange and blue--on Fridays. Iconoclastic moi always wore an orange prison jumpsuit and a blue tee shirt. I wore my kufi every day to get around the "no hats in the building" rule. No wonder I had so many write-ups in my personnel file!

esimms86

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Last edited:
Group builder