• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

who are you?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Damn, I'm jealous! I wish I had kept up my walking regimen. I need to get back to it.
I can’t recommend a daily walk enough, Gene. I started with a 2.6 mile walk for the first 18 days but increased it to 3.5 miles since. My wife accompanies me about 95% of the time and our daughter about 25% of the time. If it’s just me, I’m crankin tunes on my iPod. Benefits I’ve noticed and didn’t really expect:

1. Improved sleep
2. Improved mental clarity and peace of mind
2. Improved digestion
3. Stronger core and reduced belly fat - actually approaching six pack abs at 63!
4. Reduced alcohol impact - I like my beer and whisky but they adversely impacted my tummy about 40% of the time; that’s no longer the case

I’m fortunate to live in a great neighborhood with really wide streets and many route options, so I haven’t gotten within 6 feet of anyone during any of my walks. My goal is to continue the daily walks until we at least have a Covid 19 vaccine, but that could mean making the trek all next winter which isn’t a pleasant thought here in Erie, PA! We’ll see. For now, I’ve got plenty of months to go!

PS - also letting my beard go ZZ Top during the pandemic. Wife doesn’t really mind, so what the hell!

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Such razor wit, Dunc!
[ I do get the sandpaper effect!]
Due to CV-19 everything is shut so I tried cutting my hair a couple of weeks ago with a beard trimmer, the result :eek: a 'reverse mohican' up the back of my neck to match the lack of thatch on the top! I have now purchased a proper Philips hair clipper.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Due to CV-19 everything is shut so I tried cutting my hair a couple of weeks ago with a beard trimmer, the result :eek: a 'reverse mohican' up the back of my neck to match the lack of thatch on the top! I have now purchased a proper Philips hair clipper.
I upped my intake of Biotin to 10,000mcg daily and I'm growing hair where the sun don't shine. Luckily, my hairdresser of 25 years came to my house and gave me a proper cut and dye job. She left with a hundred dollar tip!