Who are your favorite Canadian musical artists and what would you like to see them release in Multi-Channel form?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Simple as stated above list your favorite Canadian artists and what you'd like to see them release in Multi-Channel form

Neil Young - Entire Catalogue
Rush - Whatever hasn't been done
Joni Mitchell - Entire Catalogue
The Guess Who - Whatever hasn't been done
BTO - Let's get a Quadio like box set of them please
Kim Mitchell - Greatest Hits
Max Webster - Complete Catalogue

I think that's good for starters:SB

Give me some Triumph please! Fight The Good Fight is such a killer song!

Chilliwack would also be pretty awesome.
Ha ha, yeah I’ve got some old LPs of April Wine and Chilliwack! I’ll need to think hard on the Canadian thing, there’s still others for sure, just can’t pull it out of the old noggin just yet.

Hands down, a catalog covering better effort of Rush albums.

Something more on the lighter side....
I would like to get the first handful of Bare Naked Ladies albums in surround. Their first album was so clever lyrically and the music would seem to lend itself to a very creative and active mix.

On the wishful thinking side .....
There was a one album band called Boys Brigade (album of the same name) that would sound awesome given a surround treatment.
The band was describe as new wave and Geddy Lee produced the album. They were a six piece band and the album lots of synth layers and backing percussion.
Their minor hit song was a ballad called "Melody".

I wonder what Triumph or April Wine would sound like in surround. Maybe too straight ahead rockers?

Bruce Cockburn

Sloan

Cockburn would be right below Joni Mitchell for me, especially the jazzy-acoustic period from Further Adventures Of... through Inner City Front. (Although if they wanted to start with something more recent, like Small Source of Comfort, I wouldn't object.) I've heard a great upmix of Dancing In the Dragon's Jaws, and I think most of the late 70s-early 80s albums would lend themselves really well to surround.

As for Mitchell: Blue through Mingus. But if they started with a Quadio reissue of C&S and Hissing, I'd be happy. Toss in a 5.1 of Hejira and I'd be over the moon.

Last edited:
Back