Who are your favorite Canadian musical artists and what would you like to see them release in Multi-Channel form?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canada has a LOT of AMAZING musical talent that NEVER got the ATTENTION they DESERVED :eek:

Did you know that Neil Young and an AMAZING Black dude from Buffalo used to be in a band called the Minah Birds (spelt wrong) that played out of the cafe's in Toronto by Younge & Bloor (Yorkville) in the late 60's and early 70's? Damn can't remember the black dude's name I think his last name was JAMES though
Its Rick James .... Biiitch!

I would so love me some Nash the Slash in surround. I never heard a bad sounding record of his.
I would enjoy the Helix as well. They are from Kitchener and I grew up in the next city, Cambridge. I am just a bit young to have been able to see them live though. Not too young to "Give Me An F" though!😋

1600278554206.png

Only 70's bands for me! All releases from the following
Moxy
A Foot In Cold Water
Five Man Electrical Band
Mashmakhan
Joey Gregorash
Lighthouse
Steppenwolf
Charlee / Walter Rossi
Bush (the band with Domenic Troiano and Roy Kenner)
Next (Dusty Shoes)

I might be wrong , but I thought only John Kay (Steppenwolf ) was Canadian ?

Steppenwolf would be an excellent band in surround though :) , Lot's of potential there.
At least three members were Canadian, formerly of the band The Sparrows. They were Canadian enough to qualify as Canadian by the CRTC.

Gordon Lightfoot- ...many of his early releases
Guess Who- Most of the good ones are released.....then the remaining ones would be great!
Neil Young- Everybody knows this is no where (...I think that's the correct name)

I also really like Toronto-based Caribbean-Canadian band Kobo Town, although I don't know how well their stuff would translate to surround. (They do pared-down, neo-retro, old-school calypso--like 1930s calypso.) Maybe the Jumbie in the Jukebox album?

But actually--and I don't know why this didn't occur to me right off the bat: the modern Canadian band whose work I would most like to hear in surround is Monkey House, led by Don Breithaupt. Super-smart, jazz-inflected pop with a very strong Steely Dan vibe, including the same sorts of dense orchestrations and sophisticated arrangements. (In fact, they cover Walter Becker's "Book of Liars" on their latest album, Friday.) Elliot Scheiner could do great things with these guys.

Back