Who are your favorite Canadian musical artists and what would you like to see them release in Multi-Channel form?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stampeders would be sweet too!

I remember back in the mid 70's hearing a local disc jockey state that The Stampeders were performing their live concerts in Quadraphonic.

Sure enough I found the confirmation in a 75 article from Billboard last year: Sept 13-1975 page 90-

"The Stampeders on tour with quad system with Bob Luffman engineer . It's a complete Quadraphonic Sound System " they are to play 33 cities .

Also fr Billboard , Sept 27-1975 page 55 , there is a large Concert advert : " Stampeders Quadra Concert "

(Sorry I can't post actual pics)

Just saw this thread...surprised no one mentioned the 5 Neat Guys!

Ha , ha, ha ....that's very funny elroy.

I also like these dudes ........The Schmenges, Yosh and Stan .

They had an independent film released on video in the 80's starring almost all the SCTV cast . It's called THE LAST POLKA and kinda spoofed the bands THE LAST WALTZ but in a very humorous way. I had it on beta years ago.
If you can find it on the net your in for a treat. :)

Attachments

• 20200917_114114.jpg
    20200917_114114.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 165
Saga would be a good surround release.

Love this song.....now if I remember correctly they did a New Years concert at Maple Leaf Gardens back in the 80's I shot that show and after the concert me and my friends....Ron ( from Killer Dwarfs, his girl friend Mimi) and 2 of my other friends were invited to a New Years Eve party thrown by the record company with great food, drink and other party material....which I wont mention here....we all had a blast :)

And of course some :

Tom Cochrane/Red Ryder

I have "Trapeze", which is a greatest hits package that came out in 2003-ish. It was on DVD-A, and includes hirez 5.1 mixes of all the songs. There is (IMHO) some filler on this disc, but lots of stellar stuff..all the songs I wanted to hear.
It is all I hoped it would be. Fidelity is really good, as are the 5.1 mixes. I'd go as far as saying it is reference quality. It is a go to disc when introducing friends to 5.1 music.

Track Listing:

01. White Hot
02. Lunatic Fringe
03. Light In The Tunnel / Human Race
04. Young Thing, Wild Dreams (Rock Me)
05. Boy Inside The Man
06. The Untouchable One
07. Ocean Blues (Emotion Blue)
08. Big League
09. Victory Day
10. Good Times
11. Life Is A Highway