Who are your Top 5 Rock front Men or Women in Music History

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't recall if Elvis was mentioned. I think, many thought "front men/women" meant a band. I was more thinking lead person in a band....my names would have changed for sure.
Per my response, my interpretation of a ‘front person’ too.

... I think, many thought "front men/women" meant a band. I was more thinking lead person in a band....my names would have changed for sure.
I was thinking "lead entity" as well. A singer is a natural fit for that of course. But it could be any instrument and with or without voice.

Really hard to argue with any of the posts here!

Sometimes the "frontman" for a band is their stage show. I wanted to mention something about Pink Floyd... so Storm Thorgerson?

I was thinking "lead entity" as well. A singer is a natural fit for that of course. But it could be any instrument and with or without voice.

Really hard to argue with any of the posts here!

Sometimes the "frontman" for a band is their stage show. I wanted to mention something about Pink Floyd... so Storm Thorgerson?
"Lead entity"...you are correct. THAT is what a front man is. I don't know how this got twisted...a band? Twisted Sister

Yeah, correcting my picks if adhering strictly to head of a band:

Men:
1 John Fogerty -................... best voice, incredible lead guitar, song writer, harp playing, best band ever CCR!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Peter Garret- .....................Check out "Oils on the water"
3 Paul or John of the Beatles (probably Paul)
4 David Byrne.......................Just weird and out there
5 Bon Scott -......................... nuff said
Got to sneak in a special mention - Ross Wilson of the great "Daddy Cool"

Females:
1 Sheryl Crow................don't bitch at me , check out her albums so underrated, she has always had a consistent band, most talented female ever!
2 Debbie Harry..............defined the 80's, perfection
3 Pat Benatar..................Pint sized power house
4 Chrissy Aphlette .......The Divinyls were just not a one hit group in Australia, she was the female Angus Young
5 Susanna Hoffs -......... I am being a sexist toad but she was and is so stunning at the age of 60

Back