Who Is Currently In Charge Of John Lennon's Music Catalog And Legacy?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esimms86

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I just read a New York Times article celebrating Yoko Ono's legacy as an artist. The reason for the retrospective was the fact that just 4 days ago Yoko celebrated her 90th birthday. I join others in congratulating her on reaching such an incredible milestone and I have nothing but the best thoughts and wishes for her and her family. I sincerely hope that she lives to age 100 and beyond.

Now, the article goes on to report that Yoko has publicly stated that she is suffering from a thus far undisclosed "illness." It further states that she was last seen photographed in a wheelchair, and that she hasn't been seen in public since 2019(and she did not attend the very public birthday celebration held this past weekend in New York City's Central Park). Now, that doesn't mean that she is not mentally sharp and it doesn't preclude her from being very actively involved in her family's business decisions. Ninety, however, is an age by which most people would have already passed the baton. And Sean and his half-brother Julian are both musicians (and, I might add, friends), and they are undoubtedly capable of overseeing such a prodigious body of work. So I wonder, in 2023 who would one need to go to to discuss potentially remixing or otherwise preparing any of John Lennon's back catalog for future release?

Back