HiRez Poll Who, The - QUADROPHENIA (complete) [BluRay]]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the BDA of The Who - QUADROPHENIA (complete) [BluRay]

• Total voters

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I meant on my CD.
So you are asking if your CD has surround tracks? I would think not. The CD format only allows for 2 channels. The only CDs I am aware of that include any type of surround are those that used 70's era matrix style encoding for the masters (ie: SQ, RM, maybe Dolby Pro Logic, etc.). They are not discrete and need to be played back with a proper matrix decoder. Such releases are often referred to as "stealth quad" on this forum because they seldom indicate they are encoded on the packaging. The Dolby ones are a possible exception to the stealth designation as I do have an Emerson Lake and Palmer CD with a Dolby encoded version of Pictures at an Exhibition which is clearly noted on the packaging.

MidiMagic

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I have many Dolby encoded CDs. Many are explicitly labeled, and many more are not. I also have several CDs with the QS logo on them and a whole set of Angel recordings that are CDs of the SQ records they made.

I wondered if this CD was known to be one of them. The choir seems to be spread in all channels.

I was not expecting discrete tracks. I don't want them. I want standard formats that everyone can play.

Last edited:

DaveLaPorte53

I think, I read somewhere that Entwistle did the remix, correct me if I'm wrong, the French horns are more prominent , and his style of Bass is more like Lead guitar.