HiRez Poll Who, The - QUADROPHENIA (complete) [BluRay]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Who - QUADROPHENIA (complete) [BluRay]

• Total voters
The Live In London set also includes the original studio album in 5.1, same as what's on the HFPA Blu-Ray:

View attachment 94383
Good to know, I stand corrected. What you show is the big box set, which I don't have.
I have the standalone bluray, which the poster #57 showed picture of.
I declined the big box set at the time, came in metal film case, very expensive then, now not.
My copy is as shown with TV screen, not getting the studio 5.1.
Being this poll is based on the standalone Blu Ray studio version I suggest mods remove this and all others not associated with Poll Subject.
R-5895187-1406304112-1540.jpg
IMG_4407 (1).jpg
IMG_4410 (1).jpg
IMG_4409 (1).jpg
IMG_4408 (1).jpg

Disc 1 "LIVE IN LONDON" is blu-ray video.

Disc 2 "LIVE IN LONDON" DVD video,

Discs 3 & 4 are CDs of the show,

And Disc 5 is a blu-ray AUDIO of the entire original Quadrophenia album in 5.1 surround.

Thank you! =)
The version I find in France of 2) the blu ray Live in London has only one disc and no album on it.

So which Blu Ray sounds better or no difference?
Hello Shokhead. I couldn't tell you. My guess is that they sound the same since they are all HFPA. My goal was to find a copy under $100. The HFPA stand alone is rare and over $100 on eBay. The five disc set (pictured above) is more available on eBay with a price about $79. I can tell you, from first hand experience, that I was completely satisfied with the sound from the blu ray in the 5 disc set. Hope that helps. =)

I was lucky to snag this for a good price finally, as I missed it when it came around originally.
Here's what I'm finding.
The bass is plenty loud. The frequency of the bass is not as low as you might expect. It sits more in the mid range. Maybe that's intentional? Possibly faithful to the original intent?
The center channel is a bit wonky. Too dry sounding and in your face at times, too quiet at other times. Inconsistent.
Some of the vocal tracks are different than what's actually on the original album. I really like Helpless Dancer until it got to the last line. What happened there? It's weird.that they put that last line in the center channel. But what's worse is they used the wrong vocal take there and it lost all of its power.
All that being said.
Overall i like it. Its fun. Ill give it 8.

Back