Comments Inspired By Who, The - QUADROPHENIA (complete) [BluRay]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
To Poll .png

For QQ members looking for this disc in stores, it comes in the usual "High Fidelity Pure Audio" clear Blu-ray packaging.

In stores? Not in the USA that's for sure.

Good to know they put it in the right case unlike the Lori L.

Last edited by a moderator:
In stores? Not in the USA that's for sure.

Good to know they put it in the right case unlike the Lori L.

I know, it's dumb.. though there are QQ-ers outside the States who might go shopping for it and miss it if looking for a blue case.. and yes the Lori's in blue, I noticed you didn't care for her music, shame, excellent surround mix and lovely fidelity.. but I guess we should save all that for the respective Quadrophenia & Lori BD-A discussion threads, as we're in a Poll here and should stick to rating this particular disc and its contents for coherence & the sake of future visitors not having to trawl thru OT stuff, etc. :)

I agree with all of your points 100% d0zer (although I bought the boxset so I have a lot of stuff to look at) I especially agree about Johns bass, I was just listening to the Live at Leeds [Deluxe Edition] and his bass is monstrous on that one. Saw him back in 1999 at the (sadly) one off Itchycoo Park festival in Manchester Tn. and he had the best live bass sound I have ever heard, powerful, loud, thundering and clear almost HI-FI what a great show!

I agree with all of your points 100% d0zer (although I bought the boxset so I have a lot of stuff to look at) I especially agree about Johns bass, I was just listening to the Live at Leeds [Deluxe Edition] and his bass is monstrous on that one. Saw him back in 1999 at the (sadly) one off Itchycoo Park festival in Manchester Tn. and he had the best live bass sound I have ever heard, powerful, loud, thundering and clear almost HI-FI what a great show!

You do know that Itchycoo performance is on DVD? I agree, the Ox at his best. Short performance but well worth picking up.

I just ordered this on ebay, brand new, but is still on pre-order through Amazon, July 8 release date. Is it the same disc? Same mix, etc?

I just ordered this on ebay, brand new, but is still on pre-order through Amazon, July 8 release date. Is it the same disc? Same mix, etc?

I ordered mine through amazon.ca. same price but $9 shipping. but it was shipped the day I bought. nt like amazon in the states. I had pre ordered the marley legend blu-ray and the tull in may. the release date was tues, it still wasn't shipped as of this morning. I found it at my local best buy for the same price so I cancelled my amazon order.
I wish I knew how to get through to amazon and complain about their lousy shiping.

So what is the story on why we now have a complete 5.1 representation of all the tracks and the Director's Cut in 2011 only had 8?
I thought I read at the time that the masters were lost. Did they resurface or was it a money grab?

Who said it was?

It may be louder.. many of these HFPA's from Universal have a Dial Norm boost on the Dolby stream.. though I haven't checked to see if this one has the Dial Norm thing going on too.

The blu-ray.com review above....

Who said it was?

It may be louder.. many of these HFPA's from Universal have a Dial Norm boost on the Dolby stream.. though I haven't checked to see if this one has the Dial Norm thing going on too.

You mean in the blu ray.com review.. dunno!

The review doesn't mention there's two stereo mixes and masterings on the BD.

Who said it was?

Dial norm boost? Never heard of that. I don;t mean volume anyway. I have not heard it yet myself but there is sometime a difference between the Dolby, LPCM and DTS tracks.

Dial norm boost? Never heard of that. I don;t mean volume anyway. I have not heard it yet myself but there is sometime a difference between the Dolby, LPCM and DTS tracks.

I've mentioned it here & elsewhere before, many of these Blu-ray Audio's from Universal have a Dialog Normalization boost of several decibels on the Dolby True HD stream.

the increased loudness may have been perceived by the blu-ray.com reviewer as brighter treble.. just postulating, it could be down to any number of factors :)

I've mentioned it here & elsewhere before, many of these Blu-ray Audio's from Universal have a Dialog Normalization boost of several decibels on the Dolby True HD stream.

the increased loudness may have been perceived by the blu-ray.com reviewer as brighter treble.. just postulating, it could be down to any number of factors :)

Wow, that is ridiculous. I will have to get this title and report back myself.

So what is the story on why we now have a complete 5.1 representation of all the tracks and the Director's Cut in 2011 only had 8?
I thought I read at the time that the masters were lost. Did they resurface or was it a money grab?

This is a good question. Were they testing us? And I have to wonder if those of us who purchased the big box just for the 5.1 (not me, but Dennis Mabry) are pissed now that they could have the whole album for under $30!

This is a good question. Were they testing us? And I have to wonder if those of us who purchased the big box just for the 5.1 (not me, but Dennis Mabry) are pissed now that they could have the whole album for under $30!

I am one of those pissed off purchasers! The only good thing about that "Director's Cut" box set is the book.
The DVD-A as part of that set always seemed like an afterthought, which is why I am very surprised that it was even a DVD-A. Between the 8 songs and the unimaginative menu screens (not really blaming Neil for this as he probably worked with whatever images he was given) it just looked like a last minute way to get suckers like me to buy it.

The BDA is SO much better. Full album and a nice slideshow. Makes me wish I would have never bought the other set...

I am one of those pissed off purchasers! ...it just looked like a last minute way to get suckers like me to buy it.

The BDA is SO much better. Full album and a nice slideshow. Makes me wish I would have never bought the other set...

Another pissed off purchaser here! They are not going to get anymore of my money. I thought a complete 5.1 download was to be offered to purchasers of that set when it became available. Or was I just dreaming?

Yeah.....It sucks, I paid £62.24 originally for the box and now only $22.03 for the BD. The box set is nice, but not that nice. I will just toss the Blu-ray in the box.

Yeah.....It sucks, I paid £62.24 originally for the box and now only $22.03 for the BD. The box set is nice, but not that nice. I will just toss the Blu-ray in the box.

I guess I'll have to check out the book in the box, I only ever played the DVD-A from it. Thanks for the tip, the box will be a very nice container for the Blu-Ray!

Back