Comments Inspired By Who, The - QUADROPHENIA (complete) [BluRay]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not familiar with this one. My introduction to the album was the '90s Townshend/Astley remix.

Entwistle's remixes are on the soundtrack to the film:

Quadrophenia_(soundtrack).jpg

Anyone know why the BOX SET of QUADROPHENIA that came in the clear flimsy plastic case with a tin drum is going for so cheap these days….I’ve always thought the Blu-Ray Pure Audio 5.1 disc of the LP was worth the price of admission? You can get it currently for $40 if not less?

Is there a new Atmos mix coming out?

Anyone know why the BOX SET of QUADROPHENIA that came in the clear flimsy plastic case with a tin drum is going for so cheap these days….I’ve always thought the Blu-Ray Pure Audio 5.1 disc of the LP was worth the price of admission? You can get it currently for $40 if not less?

Hi
please can you tell me where you saw this at $40. Cheers

Probably because the Quadrophenia 5.1 included on the set is not the complete album. I consider that a major issue with that set. But the book is pretty I am sure.

Oh OK, glad it has been reissued as more of a bargain priced set. I'm surprised. But good for everyone who missed out on the BR single disc version. I mean good as long as this is not a pirate release. If seller c2cowboy has a bunch of them, then it must be legit right!

Oh OK, glad it has been reissued as more of a bargain priced set. I'm surprised. But good for everyone who missed out on the BR single disc version. I mean good as long as this is not a pirate release. If seller c2cowboy has a bunch of them, then it must be legit right!
In case you think I’m the seller or know them…I’m not

Has anybody purchased and received the full deluxe (5 disc) set from the eBay seller currently selling it (c2cowboy)? What shape was it in?

This is not a pirate set, but it’s not the proper Quadrophenia set, rather it’s the more recent recording Quadrophenia Live In London set. A general release and for some reason, maybe having not finished the full surround mix in time for the earlier box, or having done it but someone had issues with it, they decided to tack it on the end of the live set with little fanfare, almost seems like they were hiding it.
There is a PROPER 5.1 included in this set see photo….and from what I understand it’s exactly the same mix as the STAND ALONE Pure Blu-Ray audio version
608E824F-F8CA-47B9-9E15-7BCD79276DE7.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a PROPER 5.1 included in this set see photo….and from what I understand it’s exactly the same mix as the STAND ALONE Pure Blu-Ray audio versionView attachment 75838
Yes, most definitely the proper (and great) 5.1 of the original 1973 Track Records Quadrophenia, and it's essential. My comment was that it's added to the expanded Quadrophenia Live In London collector's edition set, rather than any expanded edition of the original album, and it it is definitely legit (in response to quicksrt's question). So to find this edition/5.1 mix, quicksrt should seek out the 2014 Quadrophenia: Live In London collector's edition.

Probably because the Quadrophenia 5.1 included on the set is not the complete album. I consider that a major issue with that set. But the book is pretty I am sure.
He's not talking about that box. The clear round box has the entire LP on Blu Ray in 5.1.

Back