Who will replace Oppo?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'm livin' in the Wild West where Bath Night was ONCE A YEAR...and OPPO was short for OPPORTUNITY!

See the source image

"Will one of ya hombres scrub my back with lard soap?"

Last edited:
No personal offense intended. But if folks are waiting on manufacturers to make universal physical format players, it‘s probably you, not them who are back in the 90s.

Yep its me... meanwhile we have the likes of Denon & Marantz pushing $2K -$3K AVRs with 11+, 13+ channels, wanting us to go for Atmos with speakers in our ceilings! Turn your livingroom into a movie Theater with Stadium seating and 100 inch 4k or 8k TV and then with Hi Resolution music available in Multi channel surround sound They bring out their latest SACD players like a ruby ...its ONLY like 5K....but hey ITS STEREO ONLY....
yep its me....

The frustration of it all just boggles the mind...but yep its ME...im the madman

And I'm livin' in the Wild West where Bath Night was ONCE A YEAR...and OPPO was short for OPPORTUNITY!

See the source image

"Will one of ya hombres scrub my back with lard soap?"
What happened to your pic? I read, I see, I come back & it's gone. According to Marion-Webster:
oppo
noun

op·po | \ ˈä(ˌ)pō \

plural -s

Definition of oppo

British

: friend, companion especially : sweetheart
And certainly the cowboy bath pic personified this!

Musically I am aligned with John Titor and most enjoy the music from 2036. Only problem is it requires an IBM 5100 to stream.....

2036: when IBM, APPLE and MICROSOFT are ALL under the umbrella of AMAZON?

See the source image

Sonic Wiz playing Golf in 2036 with John Titor. A HOLE in UNIverse!

Last edited:
:SB for $3k it falls a bit short :SB

Seriously that is A LOT of cash, and I bet someone could make a player for 1/2 that or 1/4 that price that is truly universal. I guess the question is...is there a market for such a beast??

This is what I would do, if I run Technics' parent company, Panasonic....

By all accounts, Panasonic's top-of-the-line Blu-ray player, the DP-UB9000, is an awesome performer. It is THX-certified and even comes with 7.1 analog outputs and supports DSD playback. However, it doesn't support DVD-Audio or SACD. Its MSRP is US$1,000

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1477635-REG/panasonic_dp_ub9000_hdr_uhd_blu_ray.html/specs
Given Panasonic's economy of scale, would you pay US$1,500 for a version of the DP-UB9000 that plays both DVD-A and SACD?

This is what I would do, if I run Technics' parent company, Panasonic....

By all accounts, Panasonic's top-of-the-line Blu-ray player, the DP-UB9000, is an awesome performer. It is THX-certified and even comes with 7.1 analog outputs and supports DSD playback. However, it doesn't support DVD-Audio or SACD. Its MSRP is US$1,000

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1477635-REG/panasonic_dp_ub9000_hdr_uhd_blu_ray.html/specs
Given Panasonic's economy of scale, would you pay US$1,500 for a version of the DP-UB9000 that plays both DVD-A and SACD?
Seems crazy to me that their Flagship Blu-ray player doesn't at least play SACDs also (I guess they really don't like Sony 🧐.)

Back