Who's Latest -- We're Still Waiting for It

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
We preordered a deluxe editon of the Who's new album when it was first announced. It was ordered through Who's official site.

This weekend, I asked Joe "did we ever see that new Who?" "No, and I've been contacting them to no avail," was his response.

Joe sends me an E-Mail this morning:
"After three attempts and no responses, I finally heard back from Who Customer Service overnight. I needed to copy and paste all the order information (my address, what I ordered, order number) and send it back to them to request a refund. I have already ordered the Who album from Amazon UK and it should be arriving around the end of next week."

Doesn't the Who's official site know what orders are in their system? And they charged us weeks ago.

Reminds me of when Borders were in the throes of bankruptcy. I saw the first batch of Sundazed Moby Grape CD's in stock in their stores. Yet, I preordered them directly from Sundazed weeks before when they first announced them. It was weeks after Borders got them that I received them. Of course, Bob Irwin and his gang of idiots got their money on my purchase before they were shipped. Bet they're still waiting for Borders to pay that invoice!

Meanwhile, I called Acoustic Sounds last Friday (6 days ago) and ordered $500 of discs. It hadn't shipped, nor did I get any indication that it was shipping or had shipped. I got no call on something they were to follow up on and didn't. Yet, the card was authorized last Friday. It still hasn't shipped and I'm now waiting for the supervisor to call me back. We're no further than we were last Fridey. And I have an order#. So, they know they have the order.

Welcome to the 21st Century. Horrible customer service is the norm.
What the hell is wrong with these people?

is that not unlawful to charge you before the product is ready and being shipped?

Perhaps it is, but they can tie up your actual $$ or credit limit to the tune of those $$$. Not such a big deal for $20, but into hundreds or even thousands for a single order, it becomes a mess that has puppies. Then if you turn around and order it elsewhere, or find it at retail elsewhere, the unresponsive original vendor can or will ship and charge you.

I'm in Chicago Metro, the same zone as MoFi. UPS, Fedex and USPS all ship here next day, no matter whether you send it priority or regular. USPS, Fedex and UPS have major hubs 10 miles up the road from our home.

Yet, I know they charge me before the product goes out the door. Their "now shipping" ads are not correct. OK, perhaps they just can't coordinate all their functions, and are not intentionally deceitful. And likely they don't process the payment when the order is "ready to ship," but when the actual discs hit their door. My last 2 preorders (Dead & Iron Butterfly) both charged and had solicitation E-Mails "now shipping" several days before I got them. I'm 30 miles up the road from MoFi.

Could it get lost or waylayed? Sure. Yet, I get every MoFi new release before or simultaneously with anyone. They couldn't possibly get lost every time.

I had been sales mgr. for a company with warehouses all over and 4 in the Chicago 'burbs. Have a good working knowledge of what zones places are in and where common carries, our trucks and rail lines go. When we were swamped, I set up logistics, or negotiated freight rates.

Good Lord, does all this shit need to be this hard?

I just want to enjoy the music....

Last edited:
Sorry to hear QL.

I ordered my special edition with the three extra songs from Target online. It was cheap and arrived fast. This was in a plastic case with no slipcover so I don't know if there was a digipack option available elsewhere.

On the other hand there is a Japanese edition advertising an extra track. Wonder what that is.

Perhaps it is, but they can tie up your actual $$ or credit limit to the tune of those $$$. Not such a big deal for $20, but into hundreds or even thousands for a single order, it becomes a mess that has puppies. Then if you turn around and order it elsewhere, or find it at retail elsewhere, the unresponsive original vendor can or will ship and charge you.

Good Lord, does all this shit need to be this hard?

I just want to enjoy the music....
Great points Quad Linda, even though it's discretionary money (for most folks-but more like needing air for us music lovers) I consider this situation to be a lost "opportunity cost" as your money is tied up and could be utilized for other needs or investments.

I know Music Direct doesn't charge me until item is ready to ship. Same with Deep Discount, Bullmoose and Import CD. I was likewise under the impression that one's charge card should not be debited until order is actually shipped but as Linda says .....NOT ALWAYS THE CASE!

I did have a few issues with AmazonUK but through their excellent internal email service ['chatting' online with a sales rep] ALL issues were resolved in a very timely manner.

I do make a habit of printing out my online orders so I have a record of what I have ordered ... thus also avoiding duplicate orders.

Reason I bring it up, years ago I bought some products from a shop in Hawaii and they never shipped them, after a few weeks I called the local police detachment and they took my info, a few days later I got a call from the police and they said my stuff is now shipped (they paid the seller a visit) and asked me if I wish to come to the island and if I did they would lay a charge. I declined that but said a huge thanks!
So at least in that state they take that seriously. Now that's serious law enforcement 👍

Again, Acoustic Sounds failed to call me back. So, I called them.

After a week of no follow ups, as promised. Finally, I received a confirmation of shipping at 5 PM.

This order is more $$$ than most people spend on their sound system! We've ordered from them several times. So, clearly this wasn't fraudulent.

I love Acoustic Sounds products. But, their Customer Service is shit!

Have ordered hundreds of discs and some gear from Music Direct for 15 years without incident.

I just want to enjoy music. Is that too much to ask?

My brother ordered me the deluxe 3-LP triple colored vinyl version of the new Who for me for my birthday. The Who store (eventually) provided a USPS tracking #. For the next ten days the status in that tracking # said that the post office was still waiting to receive the item. It finally made its way to the post office with an estimated delivery date of December 24th. USPS tracking says it was delivered to me on that day but it never arrived. (I have a secure location for package deliveries, theft is not an issue for me.) I put in a complaint with USPS and haven't heard anything back. :(

😾

My brother ordered me the deluxe 3-LP triple colored vinyl version of the new Who for me for my birthday. The Who store (eventually) provided a USPS tracking #. For the next ten days the status in that tracking # said that the post office was still waiting to receive the item. It finally made its way to the post office with an estimated delivery date of December 24th. USPS tracking says it was delivered to me on that day but it never arrived. (I have a secure location for package deliveries, theft is not an issue for me.) I put in a complaint with USPS and haven't heard anything back. :(

In this era of declining CD sales it is an epic fail for a company to mistreat a (likely repeat) customer spending $500 on a single sale(not that a $20 sale should result in mistreatment). The companies are also aware that many if not most of its customers are people like Quad Linda who will post about their honest frustration online, thus likely furthering the hit to the company’s bottom line. It may not be instant karma, however...

The Who Deluxe just showed up from Netherlands. No thanks to Who's official site.

The CD was ordered the day before my Acoustic Sounds' $500 order. I didn't realize that it takes less time to get 1 piece from the Netherlands than it takes to get a PROMISED follow up call/or E-Mail from Kansas. Who knew?? BTW: Acoustic Sounds had an authoziation on our card WHILE I was on the phone with them at the time order was placed.

Also, amused to see Acoustic Sounds' ad on QQ. Chad, why not take the $$$$ you spend on ads and overhaul your customer service??? If I hadn't called three times to follow up, I doubt I would have heard from them. Perhaps asking to speak with Chad yesterday finally created some urgency. And that was a week after I placed the order. STINKS!!

Last edited:
Hopefully, your order will show up in the mail early next week (likely minus “Are You Experienced”!). Don’t forget to post a follow up so that we know that your order has arrived safe and sound on your doorstep.

All of the 14 SACD's ordered arrived yesterday evening, except for the 3 preorders.

Ordered on Friday, 1/3. Shipped Fedex at their expense.

So far, I'm happy with the product. Still royally pissed off over no followup, as they promised for 6 days. Then, after me calling three times before I got action, I got massive disrespect. "You're not making me want to solve your problem," I was told. My retort was, "You're not making me want to do any more business with you." Check and mate.

A nearly $500 order that seemingly meant little or nothing to them! Then, rather than an apology, it was as if it was my fault. Abuse, besides.

I've bought lots of product from MoFi, Dutton, CD Japan, Amazon, and private parties without incident.

This problem stems from a credit on an order of a Rick Wakeman CD/DVD-A that came to me open and with two of one disc, and none of the other. Obviously, it was a return they simply shoved back out. Nothing like a tight ship...

I fought with them back then over a lousy $2.66 credit.

Sadly, all this was concurrent with their ads now running.

If there were not a few OOP things in this order, I would have canceled it.

Hundreds of $$ of aggrivation over $2.66.

For the want of a nail...

Again, Acoustic Sounds failed to call me back. So, I called them.

After a week of no follow ups, as promised. Finally, I received a confirmation of shipping at 5 PM.

This order is more $$$ than most people spend on their sound system! We've ordered from them several times. So, clearly this wasn't fraudulent.

I love Acoustic Sounds products. But, their Customer Service is shit!

Have ordered hundreds of discs and some gear from Music Direct for 15 years without incident.

I just want to enjoy music. Is that too much to ask?
It’s even more amazing they’d choose to disrespect a long standing, high volume order customer like you, Linda. Beyond ignorant!

Back