Wild Cherry quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Easy question: how many quad releases they had?
Mark Anderson discography list only "electrified funk", sq and q8; previous and followers albums had quad releases too?

You got it right. Only "Electrified funk"was released in quad.

You might wonder: How could Wild Cherry's debut album, which went Gold and had a #1 single not get a quad release, while the follow up -- which three people bought -- did?

The record biz -- like so much of Hollywood -- is all about the next release. Albums are given only six weeks of marketing attention, then it's on to the next one. It's rare for a band's debut release to sell well, and once it does, well -- too late. Yesterday's news. They try to convince everyone -- and themselves -- that the followup will be even bigger, though it almost never is.

Other examples: Michael Murphy / Blue Sky, Night Thunder 1975 Gold (stereo only)
Swans Against the Sun 1976 (three copies sold) (quad)

Redbone / Wovoka 1973 Gold (stereo only)
Bearded Dreams 1974 (three copies sold) (quad)

Today, nothing much has changed.

To All who own this record:

Have you ever seen a copy of this record that did Not have the gold stamp on the back "Demonstration Only. Not For Sale." logo on the back? I own 2 copies of this record and they all have the stamp. Also, when I worked at Odyssey Records in the 1970's I remember the same stamp.

To All who own this record:

Have you ever seen a copy of this record that did Not have the gold stamp on the back "Demonstration Only. Not For Sale." logo on the back? I own 2 copies of this record and they all have the stamp.

Mine doesn't.

Non-cutout, shrink-wrapped, bought at Tower Records in 1978 for $5.98.

Back