Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DOOBIE BROTHERS:rolleyes: :unsure: :censored:

O' Brothers .... Where ART THOU?

See the source image

Should'v e SMOKED a DOOBIE :smokin before posting the pic, Adam blue. A dubious omission!

oh Ralph.. he looks so pissed you left him out!! 😉 :rocks

ps. don't tell his wife or kids or alert the authorities because its totally harmless and definitely not creepy at all honestly but i have this real thing going on for him! the tache might get in the way so it'd just be a cuddlefest at best (and certainly no tongues!) but man whenever i see him his whole demeanour just makes me wanna give him a big old bear hug and say "hey mister doobie fella, you 'ckin rock!" 🤗

oh Ralph.. he looks so pissed you left him out!! 😉 :rocks

ps. don't tell his wife or kids or alert the authorities because its totally harmless and definitely not creepy at all honestly but i have this real thing going on for him! the tache might get in the way so it'd just be a cuddlefest at best (and certainly no tongues!) but man whenever i see him his whole demeanour just makes me wanna give him a big old bear hug and say "hey mister doobie fella, you 'ckin rock!" 🤗

I can only imagine if you and Tom turned the HEAT up to 11, ADAM! 🤪

See the source image

I can only imagine if you and Tom turned the HEAT up to 11, ADAM!

See the source image

you know what i think it might be Ralph?
the same sorta humongous admiration i have for guys like Burton Cummings and Freddie Mercury (it may also be a musical moustache thing) is these guys are/were so super duper unbelievably talented, that quality just takes them to 11 as human beings.

Got the BR of the Beacon show-hope to watch tonight! Also picked up the BR of the 94 Wolf Trap show which has a nice selection of songs from the pre McDonald era along with a few others.

Over at the Dandom FB group, Pete Fogel reminds us:

On This Day in Music History: 1974 – Steely Dan guitarist, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, leaves the band to join The Doobie Brothers! 🎸

It was a decision made with the knowledge that Steely Dan (Walter Becker & Donald Fagen) opted to come off the road and quit touring.
Baxter would also introduce Steely band mate Michael McDonald to the Doobies, creating an entirely new direction for that band. 🎶🎸🎤

Well folks, in the "Don't Shoot the Messenger" section of the forum I have some news for you all about the Quadio Doobies box set.

As I've said many times, I do not want to be a pain in the butt to Steve (Foraging Rhino), so I don't email him every month asking when the set will be available, but it had been over 9 months since I last inquired, so I figured what the hell. I basically asked him if there was any movement on the Doobies Quadio. His answer was that there has been no movement at all, other than it has been moved to next year. He didn't say that was not for distribution, so for those of you holding back funds for this one, go ahead and use them on Abbey Road or Gene Clark or whatever else is coming down your way.

Time will tell if we ever get to hold this one in our little 5.1 mittens.........

Well folks, in the "Don't Shoot the Messenger" section of the forum I have some news for you all about the Quadio Doobies box set.

As I've said many times, I do not want to be a pain in the butt to Steve (Foraging Rhino), so I don't email him every month asking when the set will be available, but it had been over 9 months since I last inquired, so I figured what the hell. I basically asked him if there was any movement on the Doobies Quadio. His answer was that there has been no movement at all, other than it has been moved to next year. He didn't say that was not for distribution, so for those of you holding back funds for this one, go ahead and use them on Abbey Road or Gene Clark or whatever else is coming down your way.

Time will tell if we ever get to hold this one in our little 5.1 mittens.........
Dammit, that blows! Is the modern day version of the Doobies and their current relevance the reason this release keeps being held up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back