Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1591245724356.png

Not to say I had anything to do with this, but I love how the real cover took on my initial and very rough cover idea and made it into an absolute work of art!

The cover:
1591243585485.png

My original cover idea:
Doobie Brothers Quadio Cover.jpg

Some similarities obviously, but the real one is so much better than I could have ever conceived. The folks at Rhino really do know how to create a true work of art!

:)

@Steel Woole just out of curiosity, did the quad master tapes for these 4 Doobie Bros. albums have information about who engineered/produced them?

I've always presumed that it was Ted Templeman and Lee Herschberg (and maybe Donn Landee?), since Templeman was (aside from being the Doobies producer of course) also in charge of Amigo, which was Warner's first quad-equipped studio, and Herschberg apparently oversaw the WB part of the WEA quad pie. However, all the Warner quad LP jackets simply reused the artwork from the stereo sleeves so it would be nice to know definitively who was responsible for these sublime mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back