Quad LP/Tape Poll Williams, Andy: You Lay So Easy on My Mind [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "You Lay So Easy..."

• 10: The best!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 5: So-So

• 1: Suckdom Central

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia PCQ 33234 from 1975.

Side 1:

You Lay So Easy on My Mind
I Love You So Much It Hurts
I Honestly Love You
A Mi Esposa Con Amor (To My Wife with Love)
Again

Side 2:

Another Lonely Song
I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song
I Love My Friend
My Elusive Dreams
Cry Softly

ED :)

Ooh! Great stuff! How is the Quad on this one please Ed?

I've just realised this is the only one of his studio Quad mixes I haven't actually heard, the SQ LP is a tough nut to get in good shape cheap :eek: ..

..tbh I'm not that mad about the material on this one.. so am hanging out til I can find one that won't run me nigh on £30 quid to import from the USA :yikes

I remember the mix being discrete and creative enough for what, admittedly, isn't exactly exciting material, heh. Personally, I think the LOVE STORY album had the most interesting mix of those Andy had in quad, haven't heard that one in years, though. A '6' here, would have rated higher if the material were stronger.

Now dammit Ed...you're killing me. :) My interest in Andy is strictly personal agenda. You know how it is....he's a piece of my childhood as my parents used to spin his vinyls all the time. I wasn't old enough to have my own stuff...so it holds a very special place in my memory banks. So, whether or not one likes the content is not important to me...I love the content as it brings back warm memories of a simpler time and a vivid memory of my pappy laying on the floor, with his head propped up by a silly drinking glass....singing along to the Andy LP's (and Mathis for that matter)

Ah, such memories I'd like to relive...

Now dammit Ed...you're killing me. :) My interest in Andy is strictly personal agenda. You know how it is....he's a piece of my childhood as my parents used to spin his vinyls all the time. I wasn't old enough to have my own stuff...so it holds a very special place in my memory banks. So, whether or not one likes the content is not important to me...I love the content as it brings back warm memories of a simpler time and a vivid memory of my pappy laying on the floor, with his head propped up by a silly drinking glass....singing along to the Andy LP's (and Mathis for that matter)

Ah, such memories I'd like to relive...

Same here GOS. In 1966 my Dad bought a Mercury Colony Park with a factory 8-track.
We were serenaded on many long vacation trips by Andy Williams.
Not to mention the Christmas Specials which were a staple in our house.

Same here GOS. In 1966 my Dad bought a Mercury Colony Park with a factory 8-track.
We were serenaded on many long vacation trips by Andy Williams.
Not to mention the Christmas Specials which were a staple in our house.

Oh heck yeah...and the Andy Williams show...remember the damn bear? What was that about? He always wanted milk and cookies. :) :) :)

I remember the mix being discrete and creative enough for what, admittedly, isn't exactly exciting material, heh. Personally, I think the LOVE STORY album had the most interesting mix of those Andy had in quad, haven't heard that one in years, though. A '6' here, would have rated higher if the material were stronger.

Thanks for the info! :upthumb

(ps. Surround Master's Love Story.. coming soon.. :eek: )

Although I do remember my parents watching Lawrence Welk--and Sullivan, of course, we all did that--Andy didn't register much on my radar beyond a few hits like "Can't Get Used to Losing You." I came to enjoy *some* of his work more later on, though not as great music but as fun kitsch of its kind, of which the "Love Story" single has to be some kind of summit (you couldn't pay me to watch that damned film ever again, though).

I'm sure most of the elder (yikes!) amongst us has similar 'guilty pleasure' artists and records, or stuff that our parents played while we were seeking out rock and soul (that was definitely me!)

I'll try to add more pop to the listings here, that genre keeps getting, along with country, the shortest shrift.

Back