HiRez Poll Wilson, Steven - Hand. Cannot. Erase. [BluRay Audio]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the BDA of Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I’m way behind the eight ball on this one as I just got the standalone Blu-ray last week. I’ve always liked Wilson’s work, but this one has blown me away. One listen and I can say that this is a great album. It kept my utmost attention start to finish...my favorite Wilson effort both solo and with others. Should easily be in Rolling Stone‘s new 500 list.

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I’m way behind the eight ball on this one as I just got the standalone Blu-ray last week. I’ve always liked Wilson’s work, but this one has blown me away. One listen and I can say that this is a great album. It kept my utmost attention start to finish...my favorite Wilson effort both solo and with others. Should easily be in Rolling Stone‘s new 500 list.
Ditto
Played the Bluray this past weekend for the first time, definitely my favourite SW album (though I haven’t played To the Bone yet so we’ll see where that places)

Lord British

I believe HCE to be his best solo album. From start to finish, a great listen with wonderful sonics, along with some great photography by Lasse Hoile. And there's a flow to the album that just seems to "work," more so than with his other stuff. "Happy Returns" is a particular fave.

As a matter of fact, I'm gonna crank it right now! (The song, not myself. ;))

madship

Hand.Cannot.Erase is my absolute favorite Steven Wilson album. I've listened to The Future Bites several times in stereo and can't imagine the surround mix changing my opinion (damn you DHL). This is the release that rechristened my interest in Steven Wilson. I had been purchasing his deluxe edition since Insurgentes but not quite connecting with them ("I'm a collector"). I liked Insurgentes, had problems with Grace Before Drowning (and still do) and liked The Raven, HCE hit me from the first moment I put it in my player. It hit me so hard that I sat down a few days after receiving it to absorb it as intended.

The entire package is extremely well thought out. I was listening to the disc and going through the book at the same time and found that I was able to absorb all of the artifacts in time with the songs and find the lyrics to the song that was just starting in the diary, then find more engrossing material. It was a true multimedia experience. One that made me go back and reevaluate Raven, and judge it a nearly equal achievement.

The sound quality and mix are astounding, Wilson at his peak. I saw him on this tour and again on the 4-1/2 tour, which had much the same song selection. I will not miss seeing him in the northeast.

This album connected with me on many levels, and is one I return to often. An interesting connection is the HBO show The Leftovers, "Routine" is an episode of the show.

Last edited:

Lord British

Hand.Cannot.Erase is my absolute favorite Steven Wilson album. I've listened to The Future Bites several times in stereo and can't imagine the surround mix changing my opinion (damn you DHL). This is the release that rechristened my interest in Steven Wilson. I had been purchasing his deluxe edition since Insurgentes but not quite connecting with them ("I'm a collector"). I liked Insurgentes, had problems with Grace Before Drowning (and still do) and liked The Raven, HCE hit me from the first moment I put it in my player. It hit me so hard that I sat down a few days after receiving it to absorb it as intended.

The entire package is extremely well thought out. I was listening to the disc and going through the book at the same time and found that I was able to absorb all of the artifacts in time with the songs and find the lyrics to the song that was just starting in the diary, then find more engrossing material. It was a true multimedia experience. One that made me go back and reevaluate Raven, and judge it a nearly equal achievement.

The sound quality and mix are astounding, Wilson at his peak. I saw him on this tour and again on the 4-1/2 tour, which had much the same song selection. I will not miss seeing him in the northeast.

This album connected with me on many levels, and is one I return to often. An interesting connection is the HBO show The Leftovers, "Routine" is an episode of the show.
I would agree. Listening to the album and following along with the text/images in the book makes for a very satisfying multimedia experience. There's a cohesiveness to this album that is missing from his other works. The material alone would warrant at least a '9', but then mixed in 5.1? Almost perfect. I come back to this one a lot. Favorite track? "Happy Returns."

madship

I would agree. Listening to the album and following along with the text/images in the book makes for a very satisfying multimedia experience. There's a cohesiveness to this album that is missing from his other works. The material alone would warrant at least a '9', but then mixed in 5.1? Almost perfect. I come back to this one a lot. Favorite track? "Happy Returns."
Favorite track for this album is difficult. I love so many of the songs on it, but it builds to "Ancestral", which in incredible. I love "3 Years Older" and "Routine", but the songs between those two just keep raising the ante. When you get to "Ancestral" the release is so powerful. "Happy Returns" is incredible and makes me cry every time I hear it, it is the perfect coda, and should have finished the album. So no matter how cliche, I'd go with "Ancestral."

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Just noticed I had yet to vote on this one. Well, what can I say? If this isn’t an impeachable offense... I mean, if this isn’t a ‘10’, what is? Amazing on all fronts and quite possibly SW’s masterpiece. Honestly, a 10 isn’t enough!

JNL

Can't believe I hadn't voted yet. If you visit this forum contemplating the option of buying your first surround system, consider that this album in 5.1 on its own will justify your investment :D This is the 10 of tens. Just the perfect mix. Steven, thank you for this!