BluRay Music Video Poll Wilson, Steven - HOME INVASION: IN CONCERT AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Steven Wilson - HOME INVASION: IN CONCERT AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2018 release from Steven Wilson entitled "Home Invasion: In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall".
This live Blu-ray Disc was recorded on the final night of a 3 night concert run at London's Royal Albert Hall and features many tracks from his latest studio album "To The Bone" along with other solo and Porcupine Tree classics. The Blu-Ray also includes 3 bonus tracks filmed during the afternoon rehearsal and an interview with Steven about the shows.

(y):)(n)

ERBCD5364%20(Blu-Ray+2CD)%20Steven%20Wilson%20Home%20Invasion(HR).jpg

I've sobered up now.

But I'm still punch drunk with this totally brilliant show from the maestro of all he touches.Yes, I was there to watch it as well...sooooo lucky.

It was this site that introduced me to him and his previous band and all his surround output. A HUGE THANKS FOR THAT.

I get it

The man is a genius.

Yep, a big, well deserved, lip smacking 10 ++++++++

Steven raising the bar once again. Overall production on this is easily Steven's live best. Audio is as expected. Superb. Surround work hits all the right notes with plenty of WOW moments.

Video production is excellent and "artsy" moments are tastefully done and really add to the quality of this production.

All that said, it wouldn't be a great concert without a great performance and that's exactly what we get. Saw him in Toronto on this tour and was knocked out at the progression of concert presentation over the years. What a great tour to film. 10

I had to give it a solid 10. I mean, for a live concert recording I think it's pretty darn special.
Maybe because I listened in two sittings due to time constraints the first day, I thought that about Lazarus the band took it up a notch. Dunno, but I enjoyed it and will continue to for years I'm sure.
I think Steven has assembled another great group of musicians that don't just "settle" but kick ass, although of course Beggs & Holzman are familiar faces but (for me) Blundell & Hutchings are new but
fit in quite well.

I have to agree with the above post... Excellent surround, outstanding mix and fidelity. Terrific visuals but, like the concert I attended in Toronto and later chose not to attend in my hometown, the content would not be my favourite choices. Although I do admit that it is quickly growing on me. I would have liked other songs from HCE and a little less heavy parts of the BluRay/Cds. This is just personal likes and dislikes, I will still give it a 10. Nothing is perfect. This is pretty damn close...

Visually this is great! The surround mix is slightly more conservative than the usual Wilson mixes, I miss the drums in the rears... but there are enough discrete elements to satisfy me for a concert. I would have preferred to have more songs from Grace and Raven, but it's still great music.

Fine production and performance. Like others have commented, the setlist/track selection is not what I would choose.

Don't miss the "Bonus" rehearsals! For me, they are the best part of this set. The two choices from HCE are sublime. And the vocals for Heartattack, despite sounding like multitrack overlays, really show off the surround mix.

Audio and video are slightly out of synch on this bluray in my playback setup. That's not happened before, so will have to delve into tweaking.

The only thing that made me wonder about this disc is the harmonies at times seemed too perfect like they were trying too hard to replicate the studio versions vocal wise[and maybe there was little tweaking done in the studio to make the harmonies so prefect sounding].

The only thing that made me wonder about this disc is the harmonies at times seemed too perfect like they were trying too hard to replicate the studio versions vocal wise[and maybe there was little tweaking done in the studio to make the harmonies so prefect sounding].
SW has always had extra stuff during the concert...a process known as "cheating"

That's what I thought that something had to be going on other than just alot of practice pre show to get them right.

That's what I thought that something had to be going on other than just alot of practice pre show to get them right.
I must be a simple bloke. I don't care what they do....if I can get high by watching/listening...I don't really care if they massaged it or not. I want to be entertained.....

I saw his show live and I was equally blown away....just amazing stuff. That's what I care about. :)

Yeah, and it's not just the harmonies that struck me that way.

Anyone else have to burst into song--the beginning of Purple Rain verses--when listening to the piano bits introducing verses of Pariah? :eek:

The more I watch it the more I love it. The surround on this is better than most DVD audios and sacds
Watching the second half tonight. Lights out.. The visuals on this thing are simply beautiful. Sound, visuals just outstanding.

Last edited:
Back