BluRay Music Video Poll Wilson, Steven - HOME INVASION: IN CONCERT AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Steven Wilson - HOME INVASION: IN CONCERT AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I vote an easy 10. This may be the best audio/visual experience captured on Blu-ray in the medium's history. It's beyond superlative on all fronts: performance, camera work, surround mix, visual splendor, setlist, concert hall... I could go on and on. Even the director's video enhancements on a few songs work and I interpret them as him taking a 'solo' when they occur. This one may not be topped for a long while!

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more comments/votes for this masterpiece.

Yes agree with The 56Kid, I have a ton of Music Concerts and this one stand out has one of the best because it's more than a music concert like you said it's an audio/visual experience. Steven Wilson is always trying to make his shows a total experience.

I usually have a hard time giving 10s so I don't vote, but it was a pretty easy click in this case.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this is mostly a Quad + LFE mix - the center channel is used very sparingly, just the occasional bass part or keyboard solo.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this is mostly a Quad + LFE mix - the center channel is used very sparingly, just the occasional bass part or keyboard solo.
Makes sense, given that the show was mixed in quad live (or perhaps dual mono, front and rear).

I saw this show in Philly a couple of days after I got the Bluray. And as is so often the case these days it far outshined the live show. Mostly due to the craptastic sound at the venue ( I wrote a review of it & concert sound in general here) . We did go to the sound check and so got to hear Steven play a couple songs by himself which were wonderful.

The concert bluray is brilliant technically and since the show was so visually stunning a lot of fun on a big bright screen. I still think the best drum miking of a show ever was Anesthetize. The opening sequence of that song from the concert DVD sounds better than the studio version to me. And that might be the one weak spot in this mix for me. I also think Gavin was just a more entertaining drummer.

Like may I dig it when there is a good bit of discrete action in the surrounds. This is not the most of that action he has done, but it's there. The best thing is now I can hear the show I wish I'd gone to whenever I want.

Easy 10. I also saw this show live (Albany for me), it was absolutely stunning and performed in a relatively small venue (The Egg, 1400 seats). Only Steven Wilson would bring all the production for an arena show into a venue that size, so it was almost overwhelming at times. This BluRay captures the whole experience, so it’s such a gift to be able to re-experience it. The visuals and the surround mix are top notch!

I must be a simple bloke. I don't care what they do....if I can get high by watching/listening...I don't really care if they massaged it or not. I want to be entertained.....

I saw his show live and I was equally blown away....just amazing stuff. That's what I care about. :)

Oh, I did vote 10. I too am a bit shocked more haven't voted. Is it because it's a concert? People don't buy concert discs? If not, you are seriously missing out big time.

Oh, I did vote 10. I too am a bit shocked more haven't voted. Is it because it's a concert? People don't buy concert discs? If not, you are seriously missing out big time.

Yeah, forgot to say I voted 10 as well. Amongst various things I love about this concert disc is certainly the bass playing and bass sound. That said, all the musicians inclusing Steven of course are excellent!

Back