Windows: MPVnet Media Player software (free)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I found this excellent media player app for Windows that supports multichannel audio and video based on ffmpeg player.

You can download the installer (which I built) from this link, the installer creates a desktop shortcut etc
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh5/MPVInstaller.msi
The next version of MMH will use this player from any of MMH's new 'Play' options (otherwise MMH uses the ffmpeg play tool with no playback controls)

Users can drag and drop any media file onto the MPV Player window or select files from a right-click menu:
MPVnetMenu.PNG

When playing an audio file MPVnet player displays embedded album art and plays back everything I tried including Quad 4 channel and BD folders etc:
MPVnetAudio.PNG

MPVnet player supports any video including 4K HDR MKV etc:
MPVnetVideo.PNG

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Great to have another option, Garry. My browser doesn't want to download it, though--it's afraid it could "harm [my] computer." Is it just being paranoid, or maybe my security settings are too strict? I know you're pretty security-conscious, yourself, so I assume you can vouch for this...

I found the shuffle option under tools. Great program for straight playback. What I like is the audio files display full screen album art. Works on the Shield too. I put my Music Videos, FLAC 5.1, and MP3 sub folders into one parent folder called Media, opened it up and shuffle. It shuffles all 15k files flawlessly Regardless of format. VLC will do the same but the audio files have a window top bar. Works good for a jukebox playing in the background on my Garage 5.1 rig.

Back