HiRez Poll Wishbone Ash - ALMIGHTY BLUES LONDON & BEYOND [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Wishbone Ash - ALMIGHTY BLUES LONDON & BEYOND

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

I was a big Wishbone Ash fan and once I got the surround system and saw this, snapped it up. Sounds fine, but it's not the best musical effort by these guys. It's a fairly recent recording by a bunch of guys that used to knock crowds dead in their heyday.I give it a 7, its just a bit disappointing for someone who wore the grooves off the album Argus and has the multi CD box of their hits.

Nice live performances of some of Wishbone Ash's classic and later material. This band is perfect for surround sound mixing given the dual lead guitars and complex bass arrangements... too bad this release doesn't have anything going on in terms of surround. Fidelity is great for a live album. I saw them a few years ago at a small club in Pasadena and they still sound fantastic. I think I have 15-20 albums by these guys. I can only give this a 5. (3/3 for content, 2/3 for fidelity, 0/3 for surround).

Missed out on the SACD of this,....just hesitated too long. That being said I do have the DVD of this, the case says DVDA and they did announce it would be one, but....., oh well :rolleyes:

It came in a DVDA JEWEL CASE, though...and I have seen it in a big amaray case .
So in dts dvd it's not a great surround mix, just typical live concert ambience + maybe a bit, more.

The performance though is very good for this aged lineup. Love "The King Will Come" tune, perhaps one of their finest tun3s fwiw.

Gave it an eight , mostly for support of this once legendary group.

Back