Worldwide SACD List Grows to 597 Titles

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Over at the Super Audio CD Shop Web Site in Austria at www.superaudio-cd.com/, they have now posted the new April 2002 SACD Worldwide Release List.

It shows 597 SACDs in Worldwide Release - up from 573 SACDs on the last list that came out at the start of February.

Click on the "SACD Title Information" link on the top of the home page to check it out!

Brian,

Is there a number for the total of multi-channel releases?

:-jon

Well, the Worldwide list only goes through the end of March. If we go over to my Multichannel SACD lists at ourworld.compuserve.com/h...acdnow.htm I count 133 Multichannel SACDs available to date. With many more to come in the months ahead.

I should also mention that while the Worldwide SACD list is an admirable work, there are some SACD releases that are not shown. These include:

* All 4 of the RCA/BMG Stereo SACDs from Hong Kong (Belfonte "Live at Carnegie Hall", Ormandy & Philadelphia Orchestra "Yellow River Concerto", City of Sadness Soundtrack and Los Indios Tabajaras "Always In My Heart").

* The 6 Warner Music SACDs from Hong Kong (Danny Summer, George Lam, Sally Yeh, Danny Chan, Jenny Tseng and Paula Tsui).

* Both of the EMI Japan Stereo SACDs (European Jazz Trio "Angie" and The Ventures "Greatest Gold")

Perhaps these SACDs will be added to the list in the next edition (June?). Then they will be past 600 titles on the list!

Back