• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Would Like To Sell My Quadraphonic Receiver, Turntable, and 8-Track Player. Need suggestions on if I should ship it or have it picked up.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdamico1956

Short Story is I am preparing to sell:
Sansui QRX-7500 Receiver, Dual 510 CD-4 turntable with XUV4500 cartridge installed, Magnavox EE1908 Quadraphonic Receiver w/8-Track Player, several Quadraphonic records, CD-4, records, and Quad 8-Track Cartridges.
Details:
Most of the items are from my original Quad stereo collection that I bought around 1975 through 1977. The newest item to the collection is a Sansui QRX-7500 that I bought off e-Bay a few years ago. It had some electronics issues (one channel didn't work) and some hissing was heard out of another channel. I repaired the receivers major problems and now it works pretty good. I regularly use it in my work shop. There are still some things that some people may want to improve on or fix, but I don't have the time to do the repairs right now and the equipment is tying up my work bench. After I sell this equipment I'll probably buy a nice Stereo turntable and play my Stereo records. The things that are still wrong with the Sansui receiver are: Loundnes Button is sticky (doesn't pop out all the time); Some buttons may not fully connect when pressed, right most radio dial light bulb is burned out, Stereo Indicator light doesn't work, CD-4 Built=in demodulator potentiometers need to be cleaned, and since the receiver is 45 years old (built in 1975 I believe) the electrolytic capacitors probably need to be replaced, which is expected. BUT...it does work right now as-is. I would say the person buying it would need to be willing to do some work on it IF it is expected to last.
The Dual 510 CD-4 turntable with the Pickering XUV-4500 cartridge installed in it works fine, but I don't "own" a CD-4 adjustment record anymore, so I borrowed one recently from a guy in this club to set up the Demodulator. I connected it up to the receiver and I did manage to adjust the CD-4 Demodulator the best I could so all four channels work in CD-4 discrete mode. I do have a half dozen CD-4 records and eight or so Quad 8-tracks. I put new pads on a couple of the 8-Tracks to try it in the old Magnavox player and the player does still work. The Magnavox receiver also needs to have its potentiometers cleaned. Once in a while you need to wiggle the select switches to get all of the channels to work.
I'm not sure if I should attempt to ship this equipment to a buyer. For one thing it would be very expensive and the other is I'm not sure it would arrive in tact after I ship it. Do you think I wold get anyone to go through the trouble to come pick the equipment up from my home?

Attachments

• DSC_0645.JPG
    DSC_0645.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0646.JPG
    DSC_0646.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0647.JPG
    DSC_0647.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 99
Id put ads up here n also try craigslist posting for your area...u might want to list also over at shf

I'm not sure if I should attempt to ship this equipment to a buyer. For one thing it would be very expensive and the other is I'm not sure it would arrive in tact after I ship it. Do you think I wold get anyone to go through the trouble to come pick the equipment up from my home?
Personally, I wouldn't trust shipping something so big and potentially expensive. Craigslist might be the way to go for you, although you probably won't get as much. You could list it on eBay for pick up only. I've seen that. I'm sure someone who lives within a couple hours drive might be interested. Or, they could have a friend nearby.

Curious where you're located. That could make a difference, too. More metropolitan areas means more potential people to buy.

Personally, I wouldn't trust shipping something so big and potentially expensive. Craigslist might be the way to go for you, although you probably won't get as much. You could list it on eBay for pick up only. I've seen that. I'm sure someone who lives within a couple hours drive might be interested. Or, they could have a friend nearby.

Curious where you're located. That could make a difference, too. More metropolitan areas means more potential people to buy.
I live in West Melboure, Florida. It's about 30 miles south of Cape Kennedy. I'm only a mile from I-95.

Back