Wow. A "new" QRX-9001?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always suspicious when someone is selling a quad item and they say they checked it out in stereo function but don't know how to check the rear amp. There are several ways to get sound from the rear channels with just a stereo source to confirm the rear amps are working. You could plug a stereo source into the rear discrete input or you could set the mode to "synth quad", SQ or QS, etc. (with speakers hooked to rear speaker outputs).
Sort of like selling a car and saying the transmission is good going forward, but I don't know how to back up so I can't say if reverse works.

I am always suspicious when someone is selling a quad item and they say they checked it out in stereo function but don't know how to check the rear amp. There are several ways to get sound from the rear channels with just a stereo source to confirm the rear amps are working. You could plug a stereo source into the rear discrete input or you could set the mode to "synth quad", SQ or QS, etc. (with speakers hooked to rear speaker outputs).
Sort of like selling a car and saying the transmission is good going forward, but I don't know how to back up so I can't say if reverse works.
It just shows how clued out people can be. There once was a reason for such ignorance but today "Google" is your friend so no longer any excuse!

Feigning ignorance could be used as a means to attempt to absolve the seller of responsibility if the unit does not fully function. IMHO that does not work unless the unit is actually sold as "not functioning" (as in this case), in which case the price should reflect that (not as in this case).

It just shows how clued out people can be. There once was a reason for such ignorance but today "Google" is your friend so no longer any excuse!

Feigning ignorance could be used as a means to attempt to absolve the seller of responsibility if the unit does not fully function. IMHO that does not work unless the unit is actually sold as "not functioning" (as in this case), in which case the price should reflect that (not as in this case).

Precisely. Anything that "I can't get it to work" means "It doesn't work and I am lying about it."

Setting the price based upon appearance is kind of akin to various manufacturers of various products exclaiming "New look, same great taste". To me, it sounds like they mean the product has a new look when they merely mean the package. It demonstrates their priority.

Doug

40 years of thermal expansion and contraction has probably wreaked havoc on the channel boards. Guaranteed that three out of four channels will need to be reflowed/repinned. Seller is probably a estate flipper or 'grandpa's treasures' type seller who took one look at what these are going for serviced and made the price assumption based on that bEcAusE tHaT's WhAt tHeY sElL fOr!!111 :rolleyes:

I just checked and it says that it sold for US $3,836.08!

Sometimes these high priced items say sold but will latter reappear. We'll see if that happens here. If it does it could be that the purchaser had second thoughts. Less likely that the seller wants it to appear to have sold for that price just to generate more interest in it.

I'm sure that would be a violation of eBay rules and am not suggesting that is the case here.

Last edited:
Back