• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Rush “A Farewell to Kings” Blu-Ray from 40th Anniversary Box

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ogrequad

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare copy of the Blu-Ray with the Steven Wilson 5.1 mix of “A Farewell to Kings” that they might be willing to sell or trade? This is a Top 5 album for me but I stupidly did not buy the box when it came out due to limited finances and the fact that I did not have capabilities for Blu-Ray surround listening at the time. Well, I’ve remedied one of those problems (I’m still dirt poor, alas) and now I’m dying to hear this mix. I have the Sectors box, and I like that mix alright, but I’ve heard such raves about the SW mix. Anyone able to help out a huge Rush fan???

I can't really see anyone here parting with the Blu-Ray, but maybe over at SHF? I think some were disappointed that there was no remixed stereo track included.

The box is still available on Amazon, and considering all the junk in there (Vinyl, CDs, Book, etc) it's not a terrible price.

Thanks...Didn’t realize it was still available on Amazon. Price ain’t bad either. The problem is that I already have the 3-disc set and a vinyl copy, so unless I really, really want the trinkets, I’m finding it hard to justify spending $100 for the BD disc. I’ll definitely post over at the Hoffman forum as well.

o
I can't really see anyone here parting with the Blu-Ray, but maybe over at SHF? I think some were disappointed that there was no remixed stereo track included.

The box is still available on Amazon, and considering all the junk in there (Vinyl, CDs, Book, etc) it's not a terrible price.

Jonathan, have to love those stereo diehards over at SHF. Even though I love surround, I'm in NO way opposed to listening in Stereo but they are so diametrically opposed to Surround it boggles the mind.

Reminds me of my Art teacher, Miss Hershey in Parochial Grammar School who once called us babies because we were still 'coloring' with crayons when her students in the Public Schools were using tempera paints. Well to me Surround is listening in water colors .... and STEREO ONLY is analagous to crayons ....a step up from MONO.

Last edited:

Hey that was a good price on the Box Set. I think the lowest I ever saw it was at $99. I pulled the trigger and ordered. Funny though, it said 'last one'. I ordered, went back to the listing and now it's says 'only four left'. Kind of a scam if you were to ask me.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Back