• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WUWH 5.1 disc bl ray from the immersion set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After this recent exchange I would not buy anything here from this person using his fathers membership identity. You have no buyer protection here if there is a problem after you pay.
Let him use ebay or amazon or some other service.

Alright everyone, there's no need to play forum hall monitor.

If you see a post you believe needs moderator attention, click 'report,' give a brief explanation of why you've reported it and move on.

I think everyone here could do with trying to be a little more empathetic, especially in these times. leevitalone1 was a longtime member, and while he may have been brusque at times, from the sounds of things he's fighting for his life - I think most of us here might be moved to employ a bit of salty language if an internet stranger was quibbling over an amount of money that seemed trivial compared to the value of our father's life.

This thread is out of hand. Simon was just warning potential buyers that this disc was involved in a prior sale that did not go through and a forum buyer should be beware of this. Also, there was no mention of illness or extenuating circumstances regarding the thread starter in the initial thread.

This is why I used to cringe about selling stuff via the forum. There is no protection and no recourse here for buyer or seller. If you want protection, please stick with eBay and other places. There will be no support from the forum owner or the forum staff when there is an issue with either buying or selling here.

And name calling? Those will be edited out or deleted. We're too old for that crap.

Folks, I'm lost. Is Leevitalone1 selling stuff for his Dad, or did Leevitalone1 have a stroke and his scion has taken over his account to sell some things?

Alright everyone, there's no need to play forum hall monitor.

If you see a post you believe needs moderator attention, click 'report,' give a brief explanation of why you've reported it and move on.

I think everyone here could do with trying to be a little more empathetic, especially in these times. leevitalone1 was a longtime member, and while he may have been brusque at times, from the sounds of things he's fighting for his life - I think most of us here might be moved to employ a bit of salty language if an internet stranger was quibbling over an amount of money that seemed trivial compared to the value of our father's life.
I'm sure he is under a tremendous amount of stress. Let's cut him a break.

Folks, I'm lost. Is Leevitalone1 selling stuff for his Dad, or did Leevitalone1 have a stroke and his scion has taken over his account to sell some things?

I believe, unless I’m wrong, Leevitalone1‘s son is trying to sell his stuff because of medical issue. Which can’t be an easy thing, not knowing the ecosystem of surround and what stuff is worth.

This is not the first time a member or family member here has been in this position. So, in such case, if accurate, with a longtime member in good standing, we should help the family with info. Perhaps give pricing advice and how to sell stuff on eBay, or maybe here.

I’m sorry to hear that Leevitalone1 is not doing so good. Let’s hope his health improves. Please let us know if and how we might be of help.

I believe, unless I’m wrong, Leevitalone1‘s son is trying to sell his stuff because of medical issue. Which can’t be an easy thing, not knowing the ecosystem of surround and what stuff is worth.

This is not the first time a member or family member here has been in this position. So, in such case, if accurate, with a longtime member in good standing, we should help the family with info. Perhaps give pricing advice and how to sell stuff on eBay, or maybe here.

I’m sorry to hear that Leevitalone1 is not doing so good. Let’s hope his health improves. Please let us know if and how we might be of help.

Thank you, and thank you~dave~~wave~ for the clarification. I agree with the sentiment. We care about Leevitalone1 and want to help. I've had some good interactions with Mr. Leevitalone1, and I've transacted with him and it all went well.

I hope his family reaches out to us again soon with more details.

Thanks to all who offered support. I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO THE VALUE OF THIS STUFF. i appreciate all the support We need to cover his medical costs that exceed the ins. But he is doing well and improving with time and therapy.i would appreciate any help as to what I should ask for the disc.

This isn't what you want to hear, but the blu ray without the box sold for $20 plus shipping last month on Discogs, for example.

Hang in there.

Thanks to all who offered support. I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO THE VALUE OF THIS STUFF. i appreciate all the support We need to cover his medical costs that exceed the ins. But he is doing well and improving with time and therapy.i would appreciate any help as to what I should ask for the disc.

I've bought from your dad before too. I feel for what you both must be going through--it's no joke taking care of a parent who's ill--and I hope he's on the mend.

If your dad is in good enough shape to help you put together a list of titles he wants to sell, then I'm sure there are folks here who can help you figure out reasonable asking prices based on condition.

Your dad is part of this community because of the pleasure he gets from listening to music in surround, and it hurts us all to think of him having to give that up.

Last edited:
So, a couple of thoughts for selling stuff off and determining value:
  • Amazon and eBay can both be a little misleading as to value - when you see listings there you're seeing the listings that haven't sold. When selling stuff there I'll typically list at 70% or so of the lowest ask there. You can also use The Camelizer plugin to track Amazon price history for an item, and you can tell what prices things are actually selling for used. Discogs.com is also another marketplace for selling media, and that site will tell you how much all items have sold for.
  • The above is fairly labor intensive and involves listing each item individually. One popular tactic of folks in your situation is just to sell a whole lot of items in one eBay auction-style listing. This is much less work but expect to get substantially less than the total value of items with this tactic, especially if there's nothing rare. This is also a lot less work on the shipping end (because you're just putting all the stuff in one box), which is another plus.
  • Another easy way to do this would be to take pictures of your dad's collection and post them here (cell phone shots should be fine if the light is good) so we can figure out what's there.
A lot of us want to help and will try to be honest and understanding.

Back