HiRez Poll Wyman, Bill - STRUTTIN' OUR STUFF [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Bill Wyman - STRUTTIN' OUR STUFF

• 10: Great Fidelity, Great Surround, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this live 5.1 SACD from Europe. (y):phones(n)

I found this disc at my local Fry's, and I'm glad I did.
I give it a 9.

Most of all, I like the music. 60's and 70's R&B for the most part. Only one slow blues number, one reggae number. Up tempo and enough variety to keep you interested for the entire 65 minutes.
The surround mix is good(my opinion). The instruments and voice are spread out and are stable. Lead hammond organ and keyboard right rear. Lead guitar left rear. Drums front center. Voices spread across the front. Horns in right front(?). Nothing gimmicky. I call this discrete. The instruments and voices all come from a different direction and don't move around.
It is a live recording, well done according to my ears.

Recommended. (y)

Vinylguy4

I found this disc at my local Fry's, and I'm glad I did.
I give it a 9.

Most of all, I like the music. 60's and 70's R&B for the most part. Only one slow blues number, one reggae number. Up tempo and enough variety to keep you interested for the entire 65 minutes.
The surround mix is good(my opinion). The instruments and voice are spread out and are stable. Lead hammond organ and keyboard right rear. Lead guitar left rear. Drums front center. Voices spread across the front. Horns in right front(?). Nothing gimmicky. I call this discrete. The instruments and voices all come from a different direction and don't move around.
It is a live recording, well done according to my ears.

Recommended. (y)

Vinylguy4

They have the Wyman SACD at Fry's? Hmm, I'll have to take a look.

found a copy at the san diego fry's last night ($12.99). as mentioned in an earlier post, happy to hear a discreet mix (though it's recorded live in a german tv studio). nice band too: gary brooker (procol harum) on piano/vocals, albert lee on guitar, georgie fame on organ/vocals. a fun blend of cover tunes given a nice workout (e.g. i put a spell on you; melody(stones); mystery train; let the good times roll, groovin'). only a single listen so far, but pleased with this surprise find.

I do wonder why this release is not getting more exposure.
Fully agree with all the previous comments
Its very discrete for a live recording
Great music
Go on folks give it a try.
I voted a...
Ohh torn between an 8 and a 9

Go on then it is Xmas

Back