HiRez Poll xPropaganda - THE HEART IS STRANGE [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of xPropaganda - THE HEART IS STRANGE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new release from xPropaganda entitled "The Heart Is Strange".
The High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray edition contains 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos mixes from engineer Stephen Lipson and was available exclusively from the Superdeluxeedition.com webstore.
The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-heart-is-strange/1622746376
(y) :) (n)

blu-ray_sticker_600crop.jpg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...blu-ray-audio-stephen-lipson-atmos-mix.31885/

I didn't buy the Blu-Ray, never heard of them before, but I did give it a listen on Tidal and I'm really digging it. The mix is really lush and immersive, but hugely discrete but it really does surround you. The music is quite cool and I found myself liking this brand of electronica. I give it a 9, now I wish I could get the physical version 😅.

I was flabbergasted by how wonderful this disc sounds. Guaranteed to improve the sound of any system. Stephen Lipson's remix [I only heard the 5.1], IMO, is text book and the bass riveting.

KUDOS to SDE for arranging to have this BD~A released and hopefully there will be many more to come.

A new FAVORITE and IMO, a very solid 10.

Yeah, generally this is not the kind of style I reach for too often, but electronic music can just sound SO good in surround... Atmos even more so. Not wanting to pigeonhole, I might at a high level call this "adult-oriented, downtempo electronic pop with some organic elements". Really immersive, very cool use of the heights here and there while also not being gimmicky... and surprisingly, pretty minimal use of the center. The mix is just spot-on, with really powerful bass that's right on the money and used artistically instead of "rattle yer bowels for the sake of a reaction". Competent song writing. Really enjoyable start to finish. I think I'm gonna go with an initial "8" outta the gate. I could see it growing into a 9 with a few more listens.

Finally unwrapped my copy, fired up the Oppo, Atmos layer. Wow! Everything about this is just super. Content, fidelity and oh man...the Atmos is super effective. Especially some of the vocal parts, talk about coming from all around, somewhere mid height. 10
Can’t complain about the bass response on this one ;)

Top notch mastering on full display. I find myself transfixed by the rhythms and the overall sound texturing all through the album. There are some absolutely amazing soundscapes that just keep me coming back again and again, with so many layers and in perfect fidelity with a brilliant atmos mix. Yep, 10/10 no doubt. And without SDE I probably never would have even heard of them.

Top notch mastering on full display. I find myself transfixed by the rhythms and the overall sound texturing all through the album. There are some absolutely amazing soundscapes that just keep me coming back again and again, with so many layers and in perfect fidelity with a brilliant atmos mix. Yep, 10/10 no doubt. And without SDE I probably never would have even heard of them.
Yes Sir, I agree completely. One of the best.

As I now have a 5.0.4 Atmos set-up, the to-listen-to mountain is one down!

So when I was visiting Martin (Russell) in his (7.1.4 if I remember correctly!) Atmos equipped studio he played me a track from this and said its a reference mix, it sounded great. So having stepped into the new abyss of Atmos I dug out my copy to test my new system.

So its a great mix, and I agree with Martin its a reference, good stuff in the heights, and you feel immersed in the music yet able to distinguish the elements. The mix suits the music which is important. I do wonder if it was written with Atmos very much in mind - thats sort of hinted at in the booklet notes. I have 4 floorstanders (+ Centre) for the 'bed' and no LFE, and 4x B&W M-1s for the heights, if I'd had an LFE I suspect it would have blown my windows out, a strong beat! So a solid 10 for the mix.

The fidelity is excellent, so another 10.

Musically its a bit out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing, but there is nothing wrong with the music, I really like half the tracks, the other half I'm not certain about yet. So I'm going to give it a 9 for the music.

So a strong 10

Back