xPropaganda / The Heart Is Strange SDE-exclusive Blu Ray Audio - Stephen Lipson Atmos Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I just checked out the Atmos mix on Apple Music and it might be my favorite one to date. The rhythm section (samples) and lead vocal are pinned to the front speakers, while backing vocals, spoken word, and various synths appear in the rears and/or heights. There's even a couple spots where voices bounce from speaker-to-speaker and synths pan between front and rear. Can't wait to get my hands on the Blu-Ray.

Question for those who already received the Blu-Ray: is there any activity in the center speaker on the 5.1 mix? On the Atmos through Apple Music, I'm getting next-to-no signal out the center.

Question for those who already received the Blu-Ray: is there any activity in the center speaker on the 5.1 mix? On the Atmos through Apple Music, I'm getting next-to-no signal out the center.
i'll check in a bit 🙂
Ha I've already had my Weetabix @fredblue... :) Yeah interesting, looks like it's used to very little effect... First 3 tracks from 5.1 dts

01.png

02.png

03.png

i hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it sjcorne but yes, curiously, there's hardly anything in the Centre, ever, on the 5.1 or Atmos on the BD, just every now and again a little something registers on the level meter but nothing significant that i could make out. still its a solid mix, with nice activity in the other channels, i think i'll play it again! 😛

Ha I've already had my Weetabix @fredblue... :) Yeah interesting, looks like it's used to very little effect... First 3 tracks from 5.1 dts

View attachment 79062

View attachment 79063

View attachment 79065

ah.. yummy yummy yummy you've got bix in your tummy! 😋
i just found the same phenomen-mah-nah-mah-nah, thanks to the power of my morning banana 🍌💪 (don't tell the husbear, he'll get jealous! 🐵 ) its interesting they chose not to use the C much but then i tend to reserve the C for special occasions, like when someone really deserves the C... oh yes, the C's best used sparingly or it can lead to all sorts of trouble! 😅😆😈

I didn't buy the Blu-Ray, never heard of them before, but I did give it a listen on Tidal and I'm really digging it. The mix is really lush and immersive, but hugely discrete but it really does surround you. The music is quite cool and I found myself liking this brand of electronica. I give it a 9, now I wish I could get the physical version 😅.
this is the typical thing that happens in this Forum.. TELL ME ABOUT IT! I had to get all kinds of OOP stuff and even stuff from groups I was NOT that much into ; PTree, Depeche Mode, etc.

I didn't buy the Blu-Ray, never heard of them before, but I did give it a listen on Tidal and I'm really digging it. The mix is really lush and immersive, but hugely discrete but it really does surround you. The music is quite cool and I found myself liking this brand of electronica. I give it a 9, now I wish I could get the physical version 😅.
The original band are from 80's. Their first album you can find in sacd also.

Or this mix of "Jewel" and "Dual" which, for users of a certain age and location, will trigger images of Tony Pond rallying an MG Metro 6R4 at breakneck speeds around a Welsh dirt track

Or this mix of "Jewel" and "Dual" which, for users of a certain age and location, will trigger images of Tony Pond rallying an MG Metro 6R4 at breakneck speeds around a Welsh dirt track

I had THIS CD for the longest time and I know it better than the original CD

I suggested putting this BD on last evening and enjoyed it very much. This despite all the front speakers pushed to one side for a remodel going on in the house, so I won't comment until everything is back where it belongs. I can say we enjoyed it very much, the moody sparse vocal and electronica pulse on most tracks. Definitely a lot of discrete stuff popping out of the rear channels in support of the fronts.

I'm getting nervous about my copy. I got an email from SDE 11 days ago that my disc shipped. Apparently, I don't have tracking but I do know that as of today the item hasn't arrived. I was looking forward to a listen over the long weekend.

I'm getting nervous about my copy. I got an email from SDE 11 days ago that my disc shipped. Apparently, I don't have tracking but I do know that as of today the item hasn't arrived. I was looking forward to a listen over the long weekend.
Same here - I even followed the instructions to sign up for that "shop" app, but there's no tracking. Being able to audition it on Apple Music does soften the blow a bit.

Maybe stuck in customs? Mine is there for over a week now :oops:. I'm in the Netherlands, thanks brexit.

Back