XTC in 5.1!!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven Wilson - Official page Nonsuch is first because it's the first set of tapes EMI managed to locate, but I also now have Drums and Wires tapes (=masterpiece). Gonna be fun!
since it will be under EMI label, most likely there wouldn't be lossless surround.

I preferred the earlier XTC with Barry Andrews, and thought a lot of the later stuff was spotty. I like Mummer best and hope he gets that one done, maybe Black Sea too...and The Dukes stuff would be totally awesome.

since it will be under EMI label, most likely there wouldn't be lossless surround.

true! very likely it'll be lossy.. I reckon the XTC will follow the TAAB set configuration, 24/96 DTS DVD with PCM flat transfer.

unless it comes in a big stupid box like the PF Immersions, or an LP box set like Aqualung, which were all EMI with lossless blu-ray and in the case of Aqualung contained a new SW remix..!?

true! very likely it'll be lossy.. I reckon the XTC will follow the TAAB set configuration, 24/96 DTS DVD with PCM flat transfer.

unless it comes in a big stupid box like the PF Immersions, or an LP box set like Aqualung, which were all EMI with lossless blu-ray and in the case of Aqualung contained a new SW remix..!?

The implication from Andy Partridge on the XTC board was that they would be released on his own APE label. so like his last release Gonwards (no 5.1 but a lush 96/24 stereo sound) on DVD/DVDA. we will see. Very much looking forward to these though.

I'm happy to hear these news!
Yesterday I listened to Nonsuch just to refresh my memory.
I always had a problem with it: it is too long! Bit if I feel this way it's partly the fault of Nick Davis' mix. He tends to make all songs sound the same, and likes to compress the treble a lot, which puts it forward and makes it very fatiguing.

Even if Nonsuch is far from being my favourite XTC album, I'm impatient to hear what Steven can do with it!
And I pray it will be issued on a lossless format. Ideally DVD-A for me.

Can't wait for all the remixes from Drums & Wires to Oranges & Lemons... :banana:

The implication from Andy Partridge on the XTC board was that they would be released on his own APE label. so like his last release Gonwards (no 5.1 but a lush 96/24 stereo sound) on DVD/DVDA. we will see. Very much looking forward to these though.

i wondering, if they have obligatory contract with label, how they can run issue/reissue print independently of this label?
isn't artist must own publishing rights for their own works to do so? or they already owns all this and master multies was
in EMI posession just as remnants of the past cooperation?

It's going to be 24/96 and it will be DVD-A/V.
Andy Partridge & Peter Blegvad recently released a limited edition DVD-A/V set of their "Gonwards" album too.
This one was stereo only, but is still well worth a listen as surround mixes of this are also a possibility.

Cannot say more at this time except that 2013 is going to be a good year for surround.

Andy Partridge & Peter Blegvad recently released a limited edition DVD-A/V set of their "Gonwards" album too.
This one was stereo only, but is still well worth a listen as surround mixes of this are also a possibility.

Cannot say more at this time except that 2013 is going to be a good year for surround.

Yay! This is very exciting news! Obviously, besides this, we can expect maybe another title or two from King Crimson, but other than that, can't wait to see what Steven Wilson & co. have up their sleeves! :)

Gonwards is great and sounds very good.

thinking on wasn't it a condition of the sale of EMI to Universal that they divest certain lables and groups were XTC a benificiary of this ?

Thanks Neil! Wonderful news! I am looking forward to 2013 more then ever now!

thanks Neil. don't know this band but looking forward to hear.
Porcupine Tree was discovered only due to DVD-As as well but
now i keep my eyes on everything, related to SW.

Waiting on artwork, bonus content & video (if any).
The mixes are done & approved though - and I can assure everyone they will not be mewtilated either!
Flat transfers all the way with a little volume levelling and - No Limiting or Compression on master buss at all.

The mixes are done & approved though - and I can assure everyone they will not be mewtilated either!
Flat transfers all the way with a little volume levelling and - No Limiting or Compression on master buss at all.

Great news! Hope this will be a spring release (or at least summer) :)

It will be (okay, get realistic - it should be) our first one for 2013 (Stick Men & The Vicar are more hangovers from 2012)

Neil - thanks so much for the updates. I really appreciate your participation in these forums.

I'm very excited about this one. XTC is brilliant.

Back