XTC in 5.1!!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like others here, I'm really looking forward to this and hope that it's the first of many XTC in surround ventures. Also good to hear that it's to be a DVDA (not Blu-Ray?); would be nice to have bonus content of course but if not, no matter.

I re-listened to Black Sea, English Settlement, Mummer & Big Express over the weekend.
FWIW, I have these all on Virgin CD, they really sounded marvelous and such great music.
These new releases should be stunning.

From a new Examiner interview with SW:
I was very impressed with the 40th anniversary treatment of ‘Thick As A Brick.’
That was fun to do. ‘Aqualung’ was great. I’ve just done XTC’s ‘Nonsuch’ album. I’m a huge XTC fan so it’s great to be working with Andy Partridge. There are other things too, but as I said I can’t tell you about them (laughs).

I always liked their song “Dear God.”
“Dear God” is on the “Skylarking” album. I’d love to do that one. It was produced by Todd Rundgren. I think they’ve got to find the tapes somehow.
http://www.examiner.com/article/steven-wilson-reflects-on-his-incredible-career

I count myself lucky to have seen them live (2 nights in a row!) in the original lineup with Barry Andrews...really great shows in a sweaty little club in Toronto.

Andy Partridge has always suffered from stage fright/live performance anxiety. Unlikely to change -a shame really - XTC Live At The BBC was always one of my faves. I guess I'll have to settle for a plain old SW 5.1 mix

I count myself lucky to have seen them live (2 nights in a row!) in the original lineup with Barry Andrews...really great shows in a sweaty little club in Toronto.
Me too! 1980 Aragon Ballroom, Chicago. Opening for the Police

Back