Yamaha RX-V673 AV Amp - no sound at startup, fine thereafter

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 4725

Hi,

my Yamaha RX-V673 amp has developed a rather niggling little fault. At startup there's no sound. This continues for a minute or two, then the sound starts coming back sporadically for a couple of minutes more, then finally it comes back and will remain working correctly until the amp is powered down for a length of time. All inputs are HDMI. Normally (but not always) when the sound is not working, the front panel doesn't register audio input - the speaker configuration 'icons' are not visible until the sound returns.
My limited experience of such things is that niggles like this one that start off as minor problems will get steadily worse, and that such problems are often caused by PSU issues such as failing capacitors.
Any suggestions for fixes or further investigation gratefully received. I'm going to disconnect the amp in a while and sort out the rats' nest of cables that has grown up around the back of the unit, but I'm not expecting that to have any bearing on the issue. TIA.

Back