Yazoo 5.1 mix in box set?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disclord

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Plattsburg, MO (just outside Kansas City)
Does anyone on QQ own the Yazoo (Yaz in the USA) box set that contained 5.1 remixes of their two albums "Upstairs At Eric's" and the other one whose name escapes me? If so, how's the surround mix and sound quality? I somehow forgot to buy the set when it was released several years ago and now I really want it but not if its not a great remix with better sound quality than the original CD release.

I wish Alison Moyet's album "ALF" had been given a 5.1 release - I can only imagine how incredible "Invisible" would sound in full surround and the dynamics of high resolution digital. 16-bit PCM simply can't contain the power of her voice.

The 5.1 mixes for "Upstairs At Eric's" & "You And Me Both" are Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 (24/48 @1536 kbps). The mixes are discrete & quite good (IMO) and if you're a fan then this is a no brainer.

I've had this box since it was released and I am quite pleased with the surround mix. I would recommend getting it.

I can only agree with all previous sentiments and concur that this is a definite must have collection. I got this on release day and the 5.1 mixes are as good as any I have heard from the Mute stable. Unfortunate that there was no hi-res version, but the DTS, as always (IMHO), is the better version. To also have all the bonus features and stereo version's is a completist's dream :) If you love Vince & Alf, and who in their right mind doesn't, this is, as has been said, a no brainer ;)

Back