DVD/DTS Poll Yazoo (Yaz U.S.) - Upstairs At Eric's [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Yazoo - UPSTAIRS AT ERIC'S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics & Bad Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations (y)(n)

Attachments

• Yazoo-Upstairs-At-Erics-327095.jpg
    Yazoo-Upstairs-At-Erics-327095.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
As the only thing I really wanted from this fairly expensive ($60) 4 disc-set was the DVD containing the 5.1 mixes, I was hesitant to drop the $$ but took the plunge - great DTS mixes - and considering that this is all vocals and synths (80's synths mind you - with drum machines :eek:) it holds up pretty well.

I never could understand all the fuss about Alison ("The Voice") Moyet - always reminded me of a poor man's Annie Lennox - but this is fun stuff and if you are having a 5.1 jones - this will definitely satisfy.

A 10 if you're a fan an 8 for me.

Fantastic - great immersive surround mix with analogue synths so clean the room gets cold! Ahhh, but Alf's voice warms things up.
You can't go wrong with "In My Room" and "winter Kills".
Minor quibbles...would have been nice to have SACD 5.1's included as Mute has done inthe UK with all of the DEpeche Mode reissues. I also would love have had a 5.1 mix of "Situation" although I know it was not part of the original album and only added to North American release...
/\/\

I have to admit to being completely underwhelmed by both of these titles.
A midrange 5 here, as the music just has not stood the test of time for me.
I found this one to be almost soul-less, and very bland indeed.
When stacked up against the seriously better Depeche Mode series, this pales into insignificance to the point of being almost banal in places.
Empty, and just does not IMHO deserve the outrageously dear price point.

Would love to hear and own lossless versions of these mixes on my In Your Room box set! IMHO the lossy DD and DTS transfers hold back these great mixes and fantastic songs from being 9/10-to-10/10 material.

Back