Yello - Live in Berlin 4.1 Blu-Ray is worth it!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hey guys!

I recently found out that Yello released a live Blu-Ray last year that seems to have slipped under our radar. I really like Yello and I think it's a crime that their albums aren't available in surround. The way they play with sounds, and the kind of sound quality they achieve on their albums, is absolutely insane and I really hope one day they re-do them in 5.1.

In the meantime, this live Blu-Ray does a pretty solid job! Some songs are more active than others, but at the best moments, there's a lot of panning, sound effects and other fun going on in all channels. Sound quality is good, too. On amazon.de, reviewers are complaining about the lack of bass/LFE activity, and I don't see what they mean. It sounds just fine to me.

If, for some reason, you don't know Yello: you'll recognize Oh Yeah and The Race. To get an idea of what else they were capable of, play On the Run and Ocean Club from their "Baby" album. LOUD. ;-)

Thanks for the tip, I might look into this. Indeed, Yello have always been very interesting sound wise (more so than their songwriting at times :)), with their apparent interest in sound I’m a bit surprised that they never tried surround (I bet they did though, playing around in the studio).

Back