HiRez Poll Yello - POINT [Blu-ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Yello - POINT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
To Comments.png
Please post your thought and comments on this 2020 release from the group Yello of their album "Point".
The Blu-Ray release contains a Dolby Atmos mix of the album!
The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers.

(y) :) (n)

yello-pont-dolby-edition.jpg

Last edited:
Great mix, great fidelity, clear 10. My minor personal issue is that I had already shelled out money for the deluxe edition (normally people complain that the surround disc is only available as part of a pricey deluxe edition - and here I am wishing that it would have been part of it ;) ) but any Yello in Deluxe is more than welcome, so no complains really.

After playing this non-stop for weeks, I just have to ask: has there been any other multichannel release since the dawn of time which has been this much fun to listen to? Out of my 200 or so multichannel SACDs, DVD-audios and blu-ray audios, I haven't previously experienced anything on this level. My friends, who are slightly less fanatical about quad and multichannel mixes than I am, have all been blown completely away.

Hi all. I have a stupid question. Does this have a 5.1 mix if you don't have an Atmos set up? Just want to be sure before i order this. Thanks in adcance.

The tunes are joyous, and while the album doesn't reach the highs of "Flag" this release is imbued with the leftfield madness that only exists in the Yello-verse. An utterly bewildering mix which uses Atmos to the max. Worth every single penny. 10.

I agree it's the best Atmos and best album (IMO) of 2020 (barely made for Atmos in time domain). I did a full review on Jan 2, 2021 HERE

The solution he finds is, "Gee.... It looks like it's all about me" --Big Boys' Blues

Last edited:
I voted 10. Finally a disc worthy of my Atmos experience. Hats off to MagumX for his super review, see his post #45 on this poll. His review was able to help my listening experience.
I really liked the music, had elements of techno dance but at the same time it felt like I was listening to music with a theme. Drums, guitar, and horns come into play here and there, sounding great.
My listen was from the BD-A disc. My system is 5.2.4, with an addtional sub that is high frequency connected onlt to center speaker.
LFE/Bass is sublime. Smooth as silk.
I am a struggling begineer with Atmos as my only experience is my own room. With 8'ceiling and 12' X 14' floor sometimes I wonder if the size of room is not perfect for Atmos, but more than that it feels like my brain is still learning the surround field.
This disc certainly has made that easier.
I did a couple things. I turned off my foundation amps and just let the 4 channel height amp run, which I have done before. This disc has very distinct and immersive Atmos info, and some times nothing, that's good, meaning there is true Atmos moving.
The other thing i did, which for now I will keep this setting, I turned up the 4 height speakers 9db, sounds like a lot, but in my small room, I can get overpowered with the foundation layer.
This really worked well on this disc and my listening experience was the best ever with Atmos.
I would say that for now, this disc would be my first reference disc for Atmos. It is an absolute bonus to actually like the music also.
Great liner notes and a no brainer menu. I did not listen to the stereo.
Just enough vocals and lyrics to make it fun to listen to. Some tracks with lyrics are in the liner notes.
Would be intersting to know how many instruments where used.
I had a great listening experince with this disc and will definately listen again.

I think this album is for Dolby Atmos what Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was for stereo and quad at the time. I feel zero urge to skip tracks (other than to repeat the current track because they sound so awesome in Atmos). It's a great album that is PERFECT for Atmos. I've listened to this album like 20 times already in my theater room and 5 times on my Carver Ribbon system in 4.1 (it sounds awesome in Quad too!)

Back