Yes - Close to the Edge 5.1 DVD-A/BluRay in October

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes!

Any chance of other (YES or other artists) albums?

"The Yes Album" would be awesome.... also Relayer...

One can only ask :eek:

Yes!

Any chance of other (YES or other artists) albums?

"The Yes Album" would be awesome.... also Relayer...

One can only ask :eek:

It'd be cool if they could also get out "The Yes Album" and "Going for the One" in 5.1 by next spring (2014) to coincide with the European tour where they will perform those 2 albums, plus "Close to the Edge".
But I think time has taught us that as long as artist, record company, and mixer (SW) want more out, there will be more out. ;)

Wow what a year for surround sound music! :banana:

It would be great to get "Relayer" and "Tales Of Topographic Oceans" (an album I didn't like so much when it came out but now really do).

I'm going to be buzzing about "Close to the Edge" in 5.1 for days if not weeks.

Besides the very obvious delight of having such an iconic Prog album in surround this could also be the release that *really* gets 5.1 kick started again. Incredible as SW's 5.1 mixes to date have been they have all been relatively niche. "Close to the Edge" is mainstream and should generate some interest on a different scale. If it sells well, and I'm sure it must, who know what doors it will open? Very, very excited! :banana:

The numbers 5.1 mean nothing to me unless it's backed up by a high-resolution format. It this is dolby digital or plain old dts, I'll be passing on it.

The numbers 5.1 mean nothing to me unless it's backed up by a high-resolution format. It this is dolby digital or plain old dts, I'll be passing on it.

Uh, did you happen to notice who started this thread?
If Neil Wilkes is involved with it, that means it's definitely a DVD-A (or even better also a Blu-Ray too)

This Close to the Edge reissue will be of the highest quality guaranteed!

Sid Smith is doing the liner notes, and Panegyric are the record company releasing it.
Basically, it's the same team that brings us the amazing King Crimson releases! :D

There really will be an OKTOBERFEST this year with "Close to the Edge", "Benefit", & "The Road to RED" all being released that month.
PLUS, there will also be the new reissues of "Brain Salad Surgery" & "TRILOGY" to look forward to as well. (Still no definitive release on those yet, but I'm now assuming Sept/Oct for those 2, since summer is now a bit late for these to come out)

Now how about a 35th anniversary 5.1 mix of RUSH's "Hemispheres" to close off the year?! :D :51banana:

(y) :friday:

did you get a date for Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water 5.1, rt?

Besides the very obvious delight of having such an iconic Prog album in surround this could also be the release that *really* gets 5.1 kick started again. Incredible as SW's 5.1 mixes to date have been they have all been relatively niche. "Close to the Edge" is mainstream and should generate some interest on a different scale. If it sells well, and I'm sure it must, who know what doors it will open? Very, very excited! :banana:

I don't disagree this is going to be HUMUNGOUS, Neil.. but Thick As A Brick is/was a pretty big album (especially in the States where it hit Number 1 on the Billboard chart back in 72). :eek:

I haven't heard anymore info about that one since Chris' post about it a few months ago, but if it's also out this year, even MORE reason to celebrate! ;)

thanks for the info so far :) fingers crossed!

oh yes! what a year for surround! BTE, Hawkwind, Primus, YES..

..and dont forget Quatermass in 5.1 is coming any minute too! WOW!

It won't happen. Just enjoy this gift to our little surround community.

Back