Quantcast

HiRez Poll Yes - CLOSE TO THE EDGE [DVD-AUDIO/BLU-RAY]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE

• Total voters

Sal1950

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
First time I played the 5.1 Digipak on my system I was floored by the SQ and surround mix.
We were so lucky to have Steven step forward to do this album and the other remixes he has done.
He is a master at the console !!!

Healthcare29

Late to the party on this one, why? CTTE was never a favourite of mine,Ie not in top 5, picked it up for a good price from Burning Shed & as I live close to them picked it up myself, so saved on the postage. Wow this is something else, SQ & clarity just perfect, nearly jumped when I first heard Wakeman's intro trill to his solo on the title track, just keep playing it over & over it's like a newly discovered album, if nothing else this is why we listen in surround for such discoveries. It's a 10 folks, now I understand the beauty.

JimHansonDC

QQ Supporter
This is why Steven Wilson matters. He took an iconic record where most of us spent hours inside the Roger Dean world with the band, and brought it cleanly, clearly and enjoyably into beautiful surround.

I noticed differences from the album mix and I just didn't care because they were good and new and everything I wanted to hear was there and with plenty of breathing room. If you love CTTE, just go ahead and buy it and love this.

Matt Wilson

This is why Steven Wilson matters. He took an iconic record where most of us spent hours inside the Roger Dean world with the band, and brought it cleanly, clearly and enjoyably into beautiful surround.

I noticed differences from the album mix and I just didn't care because they were good and new and everything I wanted to hear was there and with plenty of breathing room. If you love CTTE, just go ahead and buy it and love this.
Good points, and I would say that about all five of his Yes album mixes.

Sal1950

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Good points, and I would say that about all five of his Yes album mixes.
I can't think of a 5.1 mix where I believe Steven really dropped the ball on. He didn't perform on most of them but the quality of the multich sound he brings to us is limited only by the quality of the original recording.
Thanks Steven!

JimHansonDC

QQ Supporter
There are many SW mixes to love including all the Yes ones for sure, but Heavy Horses by Jethro Tull is just so good. All the acoustic instruments spaced around and plenty of action in the surrounds w/o feeling gimmicky. That's a sitting in the studio live room with the band mix and I am always happy after I put it on.