Yes Progeny on LP for only $475 (shipping included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No takers on this?
I guess that $500 for 21 LPs is about $23.80 per LP, which, by today's standard, is quite reasonable since $8 in 1980 would be about $30 today.

Now, I have read about Rhino's horrible consumer treatment which makes me a bit afraid.

So, yes, call me silly but I jumped in feet first since , hey, I can deduct this from my LLC!

I saw it was still in STOCK (huh? wasn't it released on Dec 2nd and it was only 1,972 sets manufactured) and then I saw that someone was already asking $1,234 for it on DIscogs, so , maybe it would be a "sound" investment (pun not intended) at least...

No takers on this?
I guess that $500 for 21 LPs is about $23.80 per LP, which, by today's standard, is quite reasonable since $8 in 1980 would be about $30 today.

Now, I have read about Rhino's horrible consumer treatment which makes me a bit afraid.

So, yes, call me silly but I jumped in feet first since , hey, I can deduct this from my LLC!

I saw it was still in STOCK (huh? wasn't it released on Dec 2nd and it was only 1,972 sets manufactured) and then I saw that someone was already asking $1,234 for it on DIscogs, so , maybe it would be a "sound" investment (pun not intended) at least...
I love Yes and have seen them a couple of times. In my estimation Kap’n, they always play the songs the same, especially from that golden period !
Way too over priced for me ….imagine the freight to Australia !

I love Yes and have seen them a couple of times. In my estimation Kap’n, they always play the songs the same, especially from that golden period !
Way too over priced for me ….imagine the freight to Australia !
oh, shit, yeah, shipping to Australia would be prohibitive!!!

And, the only time I listened to the whole box set in a row was in 2017 and I noticed that they did play things differently, solos, tempos, etc. I found it quite eye(ear) opening cause at that time they were stretching out quite a bit on their gigs; that is why I ordered the LP box...well, that and to have the gorgeous Roger Dean covers!

Asked them a couple of days ago about a shipping date and they were very nice but coule not give me any…they gave me a coupon for future purchases…seems like they are not doing very well regarding logistics but they were very nice…
IMHO it seems there are quality control issues with the box set….

well, I received a few days later and, man, was I p*ssed off!!!
Bunch of paper cuttings in the vinyl, which , if the vinyl had been BLACK , I would not have seen them right away but I would have HEARD them...this one was the worst offender! Other flaws were audible stains...and , TBH, for $500+, this was a bit too much for me...
IMG_2498.JPG

Thankfully, after MANY months I got a reply today in which, all's well that ends well..so if anyone has an issue with any of these or with Rhino, BE PATIENT!!

Last edited:
Back