Music DVD Poll Yes - yessymphonic (DVD-V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V of "Yessymphonic"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor sound, mix and extras

• 1 - Waste of plastic

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yessymphonic.jpg

Please rate this DVD, and where possible can you also let us know what you paid for it?

Sorry Neil, I just saw this thread. I have almost forgotten about DVDs, I am now such a hirez junkie.

This DVD is YES doing their most challenging music, note for note with an orchestra. Wow.

YES have taken lots of heat(they always have) no other band I know of ever gets this much criticism from outsiders. Whatever.

For any questions about this performance, simply listen to Jon Anderson's clarion clear voice on this performance.
It is stunning. My only gripe is that the keyboards are mixed a bit low.

Nobody, I mean nobody(puts ketchup on a hotdog), performs this type of challenging music with the perfection that YES achieve within the rock realm. 4/4 artists & music listeners would benefit from auditioning this DVD to see artists stretching the popular norms to amazing
& exhilarating levels.

Thanks for the poll, Neil.(y)

I just love their Magnification album with orchestra and agree with you regarding the excessive criticism of Yes. You can criticize the frequent personnel changes and dumping of members like Peter Banks and now Jon Anderson but they are superb musicians and I guess you could argue everything done was to serve the muse (like Neil Young). I think I do have this dvd, I will have to look , listen and vote on it!

Sorry Neil, I just saw this thread. I have almost forgotten about DVDs, I am now such a hirez junkie.

This DVD is YES doing their most challenging music, note for note with an orchestra. Wow.

YES have taken lots of heat(they always have) no other band I know of ever gets this much criticism from outsiders. Whatever.

For any questions about this performance, simply listen to Jon Anderson's clarion clear voice on this performance.
It is stunning. My only gripe is that the keyboards are mixed a bit low.

Nobody, I mean nobody(puts ketchup on a hotdog), performs this type of challenging music with the perfection that YES achieve within the rock realm. 4/4 artists & music listeners would benefit from auditioning this DVD to see artists stretching the popular norms to amazing
& exhilarating levels.

Thanks for the poll, Neil.(y)

Actually Gentle Giant (and the latter day Three Friends) performed rock music quite a bit more challenging than Yes's.

As for this release, I would love to agree it's 'note for note', but it's not. I saw several of the shows on that tour, and also saw them back in the mid and late 70s, so I have a basis for comparison. They were older, it was not 1975 any more, the tempos sometimes drag, and there were occasional lapses (as there are on this set). Steve Howe's choice of 'clean' guitar tones can be vexing. And Tom Brislin's low level in the mix is absolutely criminal -- he, out of all of them , really *nailed* those parts.

Still, since we'll never get QPR in a proper mix, this is as close as we get to video documentary of Yes playing something like their 1974/75 setlist.

Last edited:
Excellent dvd and great cd as well. I have both so I can enjoy it on my iPad as well. I really bought it to get Soon: a song I have always enjoyed.

Fantastic DVD and excellent MCH mix.
Gates of Delirium and Ritual ...OK, and And You anD I are worth the price..which was less than $10 for a PAL DVD version...

WHAT A PUHFWUOOOMANCE!!!!!

EDIT...WHO THE HELL MIXED THIS??? they did quite a good job!!!

One of my favorites Blu-Ray, but I don't think the surround mix is discrete, am I wrong?

Back