Yessongs Blu-Ray - with 5.1 remix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, just to add- people on Amazon reviews are saying that this blows away the previous DVD, so if you have that and like the movie then it sounds like this is a no-brainer.

pass, Yes is one of those bands I would much rather listen to, than look at. ( personal issue). Like the studio work, and that's it. They had their time.

pass, Yes is one of those bands I would much rather listen to, than look at. ( personal issue). Like the studio work, and that's it. They had their time.

I agree... :)
Steve Howe has got to be one of the UGLIEST guys I've seen...and , although he's a great player , he seems to be FIGHTING with his guitar all the time..plus, I don't like him. >:=P

Steve Howe has got to be one of the UGLIEST guys I've seen...and , although he's a great player , he seems to be FIGHTING with his guitar all the time..plus, I don't like him. >:=P

One of my all time favorite guitar players - but it was quite a shock to my system when I first purchased my HD DVD player and popped in my first HD DVD disc - Yes Live In Montreux - why was the Cryptkeeper playing the guitar? :yikes

Chances are he wouldn't like you, either.

yes_stevehowe74.jpg

Oh, just to add- people on Amazon reviews are saying that this blows away the previous DVD, so if you have that and like the movie then it sounds like this is a no-brainer.

On other AV forums it's getting thumbs down, but none of the reviewers there seem to have ever seen/owned Yessongs before. So basically they have no idea what to compare this new version to. I'd like to see a detailed review by someone who actually has a clue about the film in the first place. (It won't be me, at least in the near term, because I don't yet have a Blu-Ray player.)

There is a relatively easy audio upgrade the remastering engineers *could* have done, for two songs in the film -- the could have used the LP audio (stereo) for 'Close to the Edge' and 'Wurm', since those are the same performances as in the film.

Chances are he wouldn't like you, either.

No love lost there...
basically he doesn't like a LOT of people!!!!

To me REAL artists are nice, pro, approachable people....if you believe your own hype, you are lost!
Of course there's always the fact of choosing the right MOMENT to talk to them, we are all human....
but I have also been in the studio with a lot of great people who are real pros....

Of the hundreds of famous people, mostly musicians, I've ever met, all but two were great. Both those two are widely reputed to be jerks. One is a now retired baseball player. The other is the original drummer in one of the most famous rock bands ever. He was dismissed, in lieu of the Liverpudlian we all love.

Treat the artist like a REAL person, with respect, and they will respond in kind. If it's obvious that you're a real fan, not a hanger-on, they'll be happy to discuss their music, as well as other musicians they love. If they're rushed or eating dinner, move on. I've been continually amazed at how many beautiful and touching moments that I've had with people I revere. My Daughter sitting at the piano bench w/Judy Collins, hanging backstage with Herb Alpert, instruction from Airto, and hanging at the airport with James Moody are but a few priceless memories. The golden rule breeds golden moments.

To me REAL artists are nice, pro, approachable people....if you believe your own hype, you are lost!
Of course there's always the fact of choosing the right MOMENT to talk to them, we are all human....
but I have also been in the studio with a lot of great people who are real pros....

No love lost there...
basically he doesn't like a LOT of people!!!!

Tell that to Beethoven. Or to Miles Davis. Most artists would give anything to be so 'lost' as they were.

Or as Elton John described Keith Richards: an artritic monkey! That was Elton's retort to Richards' comment that all Elton can do is write songs for dead blondes!

you have got to see Ron Wood!! he takes the prize for being old and ugly! It's all the drugs they all did, the "amount" not the drugs so much. after all they did have the money to do so.

I have a region B copy but before I change the region on my BluRay player (which allows 4 such changes, then you're locked into the last one) was this 40th Anniversary edition only ever released in Region B (non-US)? Is there a Region A version available, compatible with US-made players?

I have a region B copy but before I change the region on my BluRay player (which allows 4 such changes, then you're locked into the last one) was this 40th Anniversary edition only ever released in Region B (non-US)? Is there a Region A version available, compatible with US-made players?
I suppose the question is - was it ever released in the US - i.e. Non "Region B" countries? Or only in UK/Europe and New Zealand/Australia?

Mine is an Australian release (Region B) ..

My Oppo is hardware modified so I can play discs from any Blu-ray region (y)..

Back