You want more Bob James multichannel SACDs? Here you go....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered it at importcd's, It says preorder for 1/28. Could it be the fourplay one? I cant believe it is 11/2021 and still no Bob James Quad. Lol

After the debacle of the last release sans multi ch, this one displays a 5.7 surround!! Pot Luck.

"Product Notes
Feel Like Making LIV E! Includes James's most well known hits like Angela, Maputo, Westchester Lady and Nautilus as well as an instrumental cover of Elton John's Rocket Man. The hybrid SACD includes the DSD stereo and 5.7 surround sound for the ultimate sound quality experience."

Hey Guys,

For Bob James new release - Feel Like Making LIVE! - it's out on the 28th Jan 2022 and will be available in five different physical formats: 180gram Limited Numbered orange double vinyl LP, SACD, MQA-CD, MQA-CD + blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray. The hybrid SACD includes the DSD stereo and 5.1 surround sound. The live in-the-studio recording was filmed in 4K and recorded in high resolution audio and is available in Ultra HD blu-ray, which includes immersive sound with Dolby Atmos in Dolby TrueHD and Auro 3D. Bonus tracks and in-depth interviews are also included. The music will also be available in uncompressed stereo at 96kHz / 24bit stereo formats.

Hopefully that clarifies!

Also for Fourplay- Fourplay 30th Anniversary Edition, my intel is that evosound has remastered the album using hi-resolution digital transfers from the original analogue master tapes and manufactured it in the formats of MQA-CD, hybrid SACD, 2 x 180g vinyl LP and Hi-Res digital. The hybrid SACD plays on both SACD and regular CD players, as a multi-channel hybrid SACD including a 5.1 surround mix. A previously unreleased long version of ‘After The Dance’ is included as a bonus track (only available in stereo). A previously unreleased long version of ‘After The Dance’ is included as a bonus track in the MQA-CD. The MQA-CD plays on all CD players. When a conventional CD player is connected to a MQA-enabled device, the CD will reveal the original master quality. The 180g 2LP will be available in limited numbered blue vinyl and non-limited black vinyl versions.

I look forward to the releases. As I said earlier, the only other "surround" releases I'm aware of were the Live in Capetown and Tokyo DVD's. Both are DD5.1 but only the Capetown DVD also has DTS.
Not listened to either in a while but my complaint of a lot of Jazz releases is anemic DD. Of course it's not only Jazz as more and more I see blu ray with DD5.1 in Rock/Prog releases as well, B.O.C. immediately comes to mind.

As long as I'm, uh, ranting...the two Blu Ray releases by Tangerine Dream "The London Eye Concert" & " Live At The Alte Oper Frankfurt - One Night In Space" promised DD5.1 on the packaging but didn't even deliver that. I took the DD5.1 from the DVD's to replace the stereo on these releases and got lucky...they matched perfectly!
Of course I have many Jazz recordings in DD5.1 but one takes what one can get.

That the new Fourplay release will be hi-res just tickles the dickens out of me. :cool:

Reactions: GOS
Back