Your Guess on When a SACD Megachanger Will Appear?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Satullo

I love the convenience added by a megachanger for cds, and have been generally very pleased with the quality of my Sony ES changers (I've got four of them).

Since my DVD-A player is the Kenwood Sovereign DV-5900M, I've already got that part of the equation solved. For SACD, I use the SCD-555ES, which is a "changer" but only a 5-disc version, and doesn't give me what I'm looking for.

Any news from Sony of a SACD compatible changer on the horizon, particularly an ES series?

Thanks,

Nick

Nick,

I am in EXACTLY your position. I too have a 5900M, and am waiting for Sony to get off it's butt and ship a magachanger.

One thing, although I do like the 5900M in many respects, I HATE the fact that it starts to play the previously played DVD when it is powered up. What a Pain!

I emailed Kenwood about it, and they said that was "the way it is". No way to stop that.

UGH!

Maybe they will make a 5901M! :D

:-jon

If you want to be frustrated further, buy an Entre. It's still a remarkable product, way out ahead of its time, but so buggy and illogically limited that it's alwasy good for as much frutstration as it it provides enjoyment.

The 5900 is a DVD-Audio player, right? It's marketed as being controlled by the Entre. Well, one of the things Entre does is create an OSD menu of all discs and their cover art. But not for DVD-Audio. So for DVD-Video discs, you get the glorious cover art, and for DVD-A you get a former postage stamp .

Still, I want all my multichannel discs in changers, and I'm willing to spring as soon as one gets released.

Nick

Nick,

What also irritated me about this unit is that it is set up "primo" for CDs. You can attach it to a laptop and download from the internet all of the CD tracks and everything, however, if you get the software and try and program in DVD titles, it assumes that every disc is a CD, and you have to tell it, NO - THIS IS A DVD. It's a pain, plus there are no DVD titles stored on the internet site, only CDs.

UGH!

:-jon

Back